Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 15th Annual Bay Bridge Charity Classic, Richmond Gun Club, Octobe

Greetings from the Tuesday Action Shooting Club (TASC)!

I would like to announce the 15th annual Bay Bridge Charity Classic.

* Saturday, October 27, 2007; Richmond Rod & Gun Club, Richmond, CA

* $70 Match Fee

* As of today there are 4 guns on the prize table

* An additional 6 guns are being raffled off;tickets are $5 each

* USPSA Rules Match

* Five stages – approximately 150 rounds

* Registration at 8 AM, shooting starts at 9 AM

* Open squadding

Match sponsors: Smith and Wesson; Springfield Armory; Irvington Arms; Mid-South Tactical Network (MSTN); International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

Sponsors: Arredondo Accessories; Bar-Sto Precision Machine; Brian Enos / Ancient Publishing; Para-Ordnance; Shooters Connection; Starline Brass

Contributors: Bullseye Trading Post, LLC (Babes With Bullets); Esca-Tech, Inc.; JoAnn Kritzer; Zero Bullets

Also special Thanks to Richmond Rod & Gun club for providing range facilities as well as man power for this event.

The 2006 match netted a total of $6,330.00 given to the Toys for Tots Foundation. A BIG thank you to all who attended last year.

More details and entry forms can be found at: http://www.tasc-ipsc.org/

Hope to see you there,

Ira

Edited by iweiny

Of all of the matches in NorCal, this is one not to miss....we saved the really good weather for this match and the stages are going to test you. I've seen some of them (designed one and will build it) so don't forget to be there. And I know, you're looking at the round count and thinking, 150?, can't be much shooting there, well, 150 will probably get you through the middle, it's gonna be a good match. The Marine Corp is going to be there to help and I wouldn't want to disapoint the devil dogs.

We expect a good showing of wheel guns (real guns) at this match, so mark it on the calendar and send your application in early, this one fills up. The Richmond Range was the site of this years Golden Bullet Championship, Californian Cup IDPA State Championship and the ICORES Southwest Regional Championship, so expect to see some really good stages and lots of local GM/M class talent out there.

mike sousa

Can't you bring in hi-cap magazines if it's for a competition on private property/range? You just can't leave the hi-caps there, at least that's what I understand(no sale, export/import/lending of). :unsure:

I will try and find the publicaiton on it. OK, I am not a legal expert and would call CA DOJ to be sure.

CA Firearms Law DOJ

• Penal Code section 12280(k) provides limited exceptions for registered assault

weapons and .50 BMG rifles while on a target range or while attending an

exhibition, display, or firearms educational project which is sponsored by law

enforcement or a nationally or state recognized entity that promotes firearm

proficiency or education.

• Penal Code section 12280(m) provides an exception for out-of-state residents who

bring assault weapons or .50 BMG rifles into the state if attending an organized

match or competition conducted on a target range, club, etc., for the purpose of

18 California Firearms Laws 2006

shooting targets.

Edited by HoMiE

• 2 weeks later...

BTT, Stages have been posted. http://www.tasc-ipsc.org/

There are going to be 6 stages, not 5, but still about 145 rounds.

Lorrie informs me we have over $7000 in prizes for the shooter raffle including 1 S&W, 1 Kimber, and 2 Springfield handguns. We are working a deal to have 4 more.

Also don't forget the additional general raffle for 6 Springfields. Tickets for that are going to be $5 each.

A Big thank you to all the sponsers thus far:

sponsors2007.10.gif

Thanks,

Ira

Edit: updated the image link.

Edited by iweiny

• 4 weeks later...

More Sponsors!!!

sponsors2007.11.gif

The match is comming up and the deadline for T-Shirts (10/1) is also approaching. This is going to be a real fun match with a lot of prizes given away. We now have 7 guns in the shooters raffle!!! and 6 guns in a general raffle ($5 tickets).

That is a total of 13 guns to be given away!!!

Thanks again,

Ira

• 3 weeks later...

Just 18 days away... Lorrie (our sexy MD :wub: ) is getting all the final strings tied up. We have added a couple more sponsers, and we are really excited about the match this year. It is really shaping up. Once again all proceeds go to the Marine Corps, Toys for Tots program.

Also for those who can not attend you can still enter our general raffle. Tickets are $5 each for a chance to win one of 6 Springfield guns. (2 1911's, 2 XD 9mm, 2 XD 40 S&W) Request tickets by mail, email, or this forum and we will mail them to you: Make checks payable to "TASC"

Lorrie Weiny (lweiny on this forum)

522 Rhea Way

Livermore Ca 94550

lweiny@yahoo.com

Once again we would like to thank all our sponsers and everyone who has helped us out. There really are too many people to name, so Thanks to you all! :D

Thanks,

Ira

Vince,

Can we do "virtual entries" like in the past. I'll contribute. Just gotta get someone some CC info. If we can't, I'll just offer to pay the entry fee for any military or junior shooter attending the match.

Rich

Richard, I am checking into what we can do. Thanks for your offer.

Ira

Um, I don't know what a "virtual entry" is. I've never been part of the admin of the BBCC since this is a TASC thing. It might have been done in the past but I have no knowledge of what it is or how it's been handled.

Vince

Butch - Bein' a child of the Jar, you'd have to shoot the match with your Kabar in your mouth yelling things like HOORAH and Semper Fi during the stage. I'm kidding. No chance of being home until after the new year my friend.

Vine and Ira - Whatever ya'll work out, just shoot me an e-mail and my offer is still good. Virtual Entry, Military or junior. I got their fee covered.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Results are posted... Another big thank you to Gary our web master!!!

Results

I want to thank all those who attended the match and once again Thanks to all our sponsors!!!

I will post a number on the amount we have for Toys for Tots. I can't say the number since the books have not been closed but what I can say is that we have more this year than last year!!! :cheers:

Also we filled 1.5 barrels with toys which were donated! :)

Again thanks so much to everyone,

Ira

Rich, yes it was a great turn out. Thanks to all the shooters who showed up...

Drum role please...

We donated $12,250.39 to toys for tots!!! :surprise: Plus we have 1.5 "barrels" of toys which were donated as well.

We are very surprised and elated with this result!!! Thanks so much. :cheers: I am sure this will make many children happy this Christmas season.

We could not have done it without the support from the sponsors and shooters.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Ira