Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IDPA was my only option for a tune up before IN SS/PRO match. It was just going to be to much in gas by myself down to Owensboro. Shot the match working on accuracy and had decent hits. Some of the targets didn't allow for much of a down zero!! Dropped more points than I would like but it was a decent warm up.

Spent another 200 rounds on the plate rack and doing some drills after the match to get a good groove before I left!

Well first the stages at this match where awesome! Plenty of ways to shoot each stage a little differently. I had a ruff start, as you'll see in the video and it cost me in the over all. Being that this is my last major for the year its time to hit the practice hardcore over the winter and come out swinging 2013!

After watching Alex and Matt's videos from this weekend I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not executing fast enough. I'm sluggish and very deliberate. I'm going to have to push outside my comfort zone if I want to gain the speed in the shooting aspect. I'm also going to have to execute my movements much faster!

Edited by steel1212

• 3 weeks later...

Ah the joys of 3 gun....

Don't know why the first stage was blurry like that anyway the days events!

Seems I can shoot a 3 gun match with out something screwing up. First stage of the match something got caught beside the BCG and locked it back tight as a drum. I had to ditch it taking the penalties. On top of that I didn't even know I was suppose to shoot half the steel plates from one box and then move to the other box and shoot the other half just to compound things!

After that I got my poop in a group for the most part. 3rd stage in the video I shot 2 pistol targets twice, its why the gun goes dry and that cost me a little time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you like the Tactical Sport? I have been thinking about getting one. I am relatively new to USPSA, I have been shooting 1 yr this month exclusively in production with a SPO1 Shadow. The TS seems like a little cheaper way to go than a 2011 for limited.

How do you like the Tactical Sport? I have been thinking about getting one. I am relatively new to USPSA, I have been shooting 1 yr this month exclusively in production with a SPO1 Shadow. The TS seems like a little cheaper way to go than a 2011 for limited.

I've only shot it the one match and really haven't had much time behind it. It seems like a cheaper way to get into limited for sure. I'm going to stick to SS until SS nationals then, switch to production until production nationals then I'll give limited a run this fall so it might be a bit before I can really answer that question

Fun day at the rock. Stages weren't exactly SS friendly but fun none the less. First stage off the bat I had a reloading issue where some how I stripped the first round out of the mag and as the mag went in the gun it got fed back into the mag backwards! Cost me about 8 seconds on the stage.

Good side of the match is I shot about 96% of the available points with only 23 B/Cs and a Delta.

• 3 weeks later...

Cold day, started in the low 20s, so not a lot of people showed up so camera crew was limited to a tripod! It was a nice accuracy based Winter IDPA match.

A few to many points down than should have been but its coming around. Didn't really trust my sights all day as you see me take 3 make up shots on the second stage with 3 down zeros in the head. Plus I keep scoring as I'm shooting which is BAD! My Draw in IDPA is still horrible. Its like I'm trying to find the gun. Maybe I should do more dryfire....

Shot my W2R Single stack .40 coated in awesome Cerakote ran slick as a ribbon being fed BBI 180s at Major PF with my Tripp Research System mags 10+1 and still fits the box. Remember its no fun with bad gear!

I don't know if was where the targets where at or how they where spaced or what but it seems to me that I shot this match very slooowly. The first 2 stages we shot didn't get videoed, and one was a 24 round hoser I did in 9 seconds with 2 reloads and 3 charlies but other than that it looks like I'm just....well slow. I shot 96.5% points for the match which I guess is good if I'm going to shoot slow...

• 2 weeks later...

Alabama State USPSA match was just as good as it has been the last 3 years. High round count stages with lots of options! Had a few bobbles here and there but came away with the win. Pretty ticked that I had a 7 round mag on my belt on stage 3. That should NEVER happen! Other than that I had a couple horrible reloads and a late make up shot. Did however shoot about 95.5% points for the match so I'm pretty stoked about that!

Getting the bugs worked out. Got one more figured out today I think! I'm sloppy with my reload on the mags towards the bad and stripping the top round out as I rip them through the front of my 771s! Already on that fix!

Other than that the stages where pretty good and challenging! The swingers where some of the fastest I've seen!