Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Reload - Limited Style

Jake Di Vita

Now that I've had a little time, let me elaborate a bit further.

I don't think the problem ever was my arms...I think I was too relaxed as a whole behind the gun. Shooting Open made me lazy in my technique, it wasn't until I took a hard look at my whole shooting platform and shot something with some recoil that I actually realized it.

Just got my CZ 40 today and took her out for a dance... I found the same thing. I was like damn, open has spoiled me. I was thinking limited guys where basically shooting open guns without a comp. WRONG! I had forgot how much recoil these things have. I was shooting CCI factory and my weak hand was breaking off in recoil. :( I think I'm going to have to do some create grip work ala Henning.

I may be seeing things, but it sort of looks like you're hitting the mag release with your trigger finger. Is that correct?

Those were definetly some superhuman reloads. Someday I hope to have that ability.

Any chance you could make some new reloading videos with your Production gear? Thanks!

mattk

Thanks Matt.

I am hitting the mag release with my strong hand thumb. I have to shift my grip in order to do that which is probably why it appears that I'm hitting it with my index finger.

Anyone can do it...all it takes is work.

I'll have to dig around for my old Production gear, but if you give me a few days I will definitely try and put one together for ya.

I'll have to dig around for my old Production gear, but if you give me a few days I will definitely try and put one together for ya.

please don't! i don't want to have to sell my crap like DP... ;)

i was going to ask where you've been. but i guess i know...practicing. awesome reloads. i can't even drop both mags on the ground that fast. :cheers:

i figured out the difference between your reloads and mine. your reloads make it look like a magnet is pulling the new mag into the gun. with mine, it looks like there's a force field protecting the magwell! where can i get one of those magnets. you do have a magnet in there, right?????

Thanks guys.

Russ,

That is an awesome line. I'm working on a book right now and I think I'm actually going to use that line to describe the feeling "your" perfect reload. With proper credit of course. ;)

(Perfect to me is the best you can do at your current skill level).

Jay,

Let me know where I can purchase some bullet trees. ;)

Mark,

I know man, I really wanted to make it out this year....I think I've only maybe shot 4 matches including Wisconsin this year. I do plan on making it back out for the sectional early next season though.

Jake,

that's a great reload! :bow:

Mind to answer a couple of questions?

What exactly do you see when doing such a reload?

I ask because from the video it looks like you rotate the gun to a position you can't actually see the magwell hole or seam.

Or is it just the perspective?

Do you actually look the mag in the magwell (driving the mag with your eyes), or is it just a muscle-memory thing (you reach that position where you know the mag will go in)?

Edited by Skywalker

For me it is actually uncomforatable to turn the gun enough to look at the magwell. Doesn't feel smooth at all. So my trick of the day is that I snap my eyes to the magwell as I drop the mag and I see the spent mag ejecting. This gives me the point of reference I need to slam the fresh one home.

Jake, I also shoot with my elbows as yours are. Used to be fast I think, but at my age now anything is good.

Boy I know that is. I can get some 1 second reloads with my LTD stuff but SS is going to slow me down a BUNCH!!!

Heck, I thought the 1.4 second reloads from behind the hip (in back) were good until recently. The front 2 aren't so bad and are a little faster.