Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 USPSA Kentucky State Championship

OK. So it is canceled...Nice. We can all put on our techwear and underarmour socks and hats and our fancy holsters..and award dry fire trophies on the matt burkett website....

I do understand everyone's frustrations, I was the Assistant MD for the match and looked forward to it myself. It came down to looking at the number of entries already in 30 days prior to the match going on, and I did not see how we could even break even on the match. I believe this would have been our 7th in a row KY STATE match. Also, with at least 3 other large matches going on I believe the shooters are picking matches closer to home instead of the travel time due to all expenses going up (hotel, food, gas). We had to make a decision and I do apologize for any incovenience this has caused the competitors and staff that were planning on attending the match.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Lee Leonard - Event Coordinator @ leedvc@sbcglobal.net

I think part of the problem was it was announced late in the year and everyone that would have shot it went to different majors.

Just my 2 cents,

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're definitely on for a Plastic Fantastic match on Sunday October 14th. No sense in wasting all that work that was done prepping for the canceled KY Sectional. All I can tell you right now is that the reg fee will be $25, there will be 9 to 10 stages + a chronograph and that we'll be giving away three guns. Plastic lowers only, everything scored minor. 250-300 rds required. More to be announced later.

So instead of having a Ky state match your going to have a production only match? WTF?

IDEA!

Instead of a plastic only match score it like steel challenge. Either Limited or Open and all minor.

Edited by steel1212

So instead of having a Ky state match your going to have a production only match? WTF?

IDEA!

Instead of a plastic only match score it like steel challenge. Either Limited or Open and all minor.

Don't shoot the messenger.

A KY state sectional match has to be sanctioned by USPSA and a "Plastic Fantastic" match doesn't. This is not a USPSA event. Basically this is a way to still have a match of some kind and salvage the work that was done for the canceled sectional.

From what I've gleaned from searching online and talking with other people this isn't entirely without precedent. Making the match a "Plastic Fantastic" with plastic lowers only is an obvious way to differentiate it from a USPSA event. I believe that USPSA would be unhappy if its clubs held "USPSA-like" events that were not sanctioned by them and I wouldn't blame them if they were.

Your suggestion about "steel challenge" scoring with Limited and Open divisions echoes my own. We'll have to wait a day or two to see what the management comes up with.

Did I mention that we're awarding guns?

Edited by domzilla9

I like the idea of a match that allows all types of guns, but I'm afraid if you score everything minor that not many people will show up.

I hear ya. I raised that concern but I've been told that the last time we held a plastic fantastic (which was, apparently, a success) no body had problems with scoring minor. Bring your softball loads and have at it with your .40 or .45.

IDEA!

Don't shoot the messenger.

A KY state sectional match has to be sanctioned by USPSA and a "Plastic Fantastic" match doesn't. This is not a USPSA event. Basically this is a way to still have a match of some kind and salvage the work that was done for the canceled sectional.

From what I've gleaned from searching online and talking with other people this isn't entirely without precedent. Making the match a "Plastic Fantastic" with plastic lowers only is an obvious way to differentiate it from a USPSA event. I believe that USPSA would be unhappy if its clubs held "USPSA-like" events that were not sanctioned by them and I wouldn't blame them if they were.

Your suggestion about "steel challenge" scoring with Limited and Open divisions echoes my own. We'll have to wait a day or two to see what the management comes up with.

Did I mention that we're awarding guns?

It just that if you make this a production only match your cutting out the biggest number of guns....limited style guns. Even scored minor I think you'll be fine. I know of a lot of people that shoot steel with their major PF loads in their limited guns. I'm not saying make it a steel match just have the 2 divisions, limited and open that way everybody can play.

I would be all in for a Steel Match.....I don't have a plastice gun, and I am sure that I am not the only one. We have all the targets to run 4 stages in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. :blink:

Good thinking Chris :cheers:

Want to borrow one? I've got a safe-full.

H.

I want the one that hits the target though, not the one that you use! :goof::lol::lol::goof::lol::lol:

Sorry about that, fat fingers.

Domzilla,

How will registration be handled?

Will you have to pre register or will it just be a walk up, pay your money, get squadded and shoot?

Hope to see more details soon.

Sounds like fun.

Thanks,

JFS

You can pre-register using the attached form or you can show up and pays your money. We encourage you to preregister because we're afraid that it may fill up. See the thread that I posted at: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53582

There will be no pre-match date squadding available. Squadding will be done on a first come, first serve basis.

I'm guessing, though, that Plastic Fantastic means that Para LDA's, Sigs, CZ's and Beretta's need not apply?

AFAIK, Para doesn't make a gun with a plastic frame.

SigSauer makes the SP2022, which has a polymer frame

CZ makes the CZ100, which has a polymer frame

Beretta makes the 90-Two, the PX4 and the 9000 with polymer frames.

Kimber, BUL and Wilson Combat make 1911s with polymer frames

Update: STI frames (lowers) are steel, their grip housing is plastic. STIs will not be allowed in this competition.

PF_Stage_Descriptions.pdf

Edited by domzilla9

AFAIK, Para doesn't make a gun with a plastic frame.

SigSauer makes the SP2022, which has a polymer frame

CZ makes the CZ100, which has a polymer frame

Beretta makes the 90-Two, the PX4 and the 9000 with polymer frames.

Kimber, BUL and Wilson Combat make 1911s with polymer frames

Can you run your STI doublestack? I dunno, email Lee Leonard at leedvc@sbcglobal.net and ask him. If I understand correctly the STI frame is metal but it's grip housing is plastic. I don't know if that makes a difference or not

Well, I guess if you wanted to get technical, a metal slide rides in metal slot, groove, frame, whatever you want to call it. No MOVING metal to poly contact. So "technically" I would guess STI, with their plastic grips, are GTG. Thats only if you want to get technical though.

Even though I was disappointed to see this match get canceled, I was happy to see they mailed my check back. Got it in the mail today!

Thanks to everybody who worked hard to plan this match, and also to make everything right again. Hope all goes well next year. :)