Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 5: Aug 16-19

Congrats, DP!! Solid finish against those two monsters!! :cheers:

Funny, before meeting Ted at the FL State this year, I had seen you call him Ted-zilla. So I was expecting him to be 6'5" and 220! :P

Congrats to all the winners, especially "mio fratello de la cosa nostra del revolver" Mike Carmoney!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all who took the time to say thanks to the RO staff, I do thank you.

Stage #9 was a muddy mess, but my hats off to the the crew from Stage 2. I was sure that it was going to be dead in the mud (wink, wink) when we got to the range on Sunday after listening to the rain ands storm all Saturday night. The range crew, Ronny and his staff made sure both it and Stage #10 were still in the match.

Bob Clift and I were talking on the way home and Saturday had to be one of the worst days for running shooters in a long time. The only two matches I worked which could have equalled them were the deluge at the Nationals in 1993 and the Area 5 in 1997. at Deer Creek

To all the shooters who toughed it out, you go guys. Remember it is called Practical shooting, not fair weather shooting. I think you all proved that this weekend. I had no problems with shooters going out and taping targets. Maybe on Saturday they thought they could not get any wetter.

BTW: New Balance makes a great hiking boot. No leaks over two very muddy days. Now if someone would invent pasters that will stick on a wet target we would be golden. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Jay, CRO Fort Hardcover Stage #9.

I'd like to thank all of the shooters who shot the match for their patience... flex has it about right with his comment, You guys were all great. it was hard work. and we rotated in a few extra staff alll of which were exceptional. Including our range master and match staff who were constantly making sure we were still alive. :) and fufilling our needs, we couldn't have done it without you guys.

From shooting the match, Great stages all around. Great meeting new folks and seeing old friends. As for the free beer we were not sponsored by the city brewry this time... the free beer a miracle pulled off by Ronnie! Thanks man!

Also a special thanks to all of the sponors, Smith and Wesson donated a pistol, and sponosred one shooter shooting a smith and wesson by giving them their match fee! Tom drazy has started making some kick butt metal targets and was Very generous in his sponsorship of the match with great gift certificates...who knew you could make a swinger and popper to break down and fit in the back seat of a car!!!

I'll write more later as i think about it if i have the time. Tomorrow i'll drive the rest of the way home where I'll wash many pounds of wisconsin out of my shoes, boots and clothes B)

I had the pleasure of coming to Area 5 to watch a friend shoot. I must say I was very impressed.

Instead of people being in foul moods - like the weather - everyone was more than pleasant and friendly.

This was my first Area match and actually my 3rd time watching my friend at any shooting match, despite all the mud, and rain I had a wonderful time.

I particularly loved feeling mud seep into my shoes/socks on Stage 2, I still can't get it off.

As one of the RO's on Stage 9, I also want to thank you. This weekend was my first time to work Area 5 and I really enjoyed it.

Fort Hardcover -- Stage #9 was a mess, but the folks that should get the biggest thank you for working are the crews from Stage 2 & 10. When I was getting ready to head out to the range on Sunday morning I told myself I sure was glad I wasn't working those stages. To all the folks that shot Stage 9, thanks for working with us.

On the drive home I think I caught up with the storm as I drove thru heavy rain for another four hours and finally getting home about 1:30 a.m.

Ronnie, Lori and the rest of the club staff thanks for a great match.

Joe Lopez

I would like to thank everyone who attended the match last weekend and hope that everyone had a good time. I also wish to thank the rest of the staff, the CROs/ROs, and all the sponsors that contributed to making the match a success.

We have added the match results to the Wisconsin Shooters website. All the results are in one downloadable PDF.

For those interested, we have added the combined final overall and combined overall per stage results. As I'm sure you're aware these are NOT Official results, just for your amusement. :)

You can find results on this page: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/uspsa_area_5_match.htm

Thanks,

Ronnie

For those interested, we have added the combined final overall and combined overall per stage results. As I'm sure you're aware these are NOT Official results, just for your amusement. :)

I am very amused!! I was #100!! That is somehow very cool to me!!

Thanks for a great first match Ronnie! It was great to meet you and all the rest of the people from the match! I hope to see you all again at some future matches!