Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area-1

hopalong

I see a few familiar names, where is TOM KETTELLS???????

Last time I saw Tom he was talking about being in the sandbox making alot of tax free money for a year or so. I wanna say it was sept PB match last year. I could be way off though.

Edited by CaseyJ

Squad 7 looks like the All Wheelgunner Squad with 5 to 7 other Revo's scattered with other squads (hard to tell with out divisions listed)

Too bad Tom couldn't make it.......at least that da@# stuffed duck won't be there :cheers:

I count eleven (11) wheels confirmed and maybe a couple of more, it depends on what they chose to shoot. :cheers:

Weather will be perfect, cool and partly sunny, Teddi and I are both looking forward to it. It should be fun, nice to be in the revo squad, but it would have been nice to have GM Bitow shoot with us, I learn something new everytime I shoot with him. And last but not least, Limited GM and this years 9th place Open Nationals, Shannon Smith, AKA "Smitty" started his shooting career with a 625, I am proud to say he beat me most of the time. :lol:

See you all there

Roger

I count eleven (11) wheels confirmed and maybe a couple of more, it depends on what they chose to shoot. :cheers:

Weather will be perfect, cool and partly sunny, Teddi and I are both looking forward to it. It should be fun, nice to be in the revo squad, but it would have been nice to have GM Bitow shoot with us, I learn something new everytime I shoot with him. And last but not least, Limited GM and this years 9th place Open Nationals, Shannon Smith, AKA "Smitty" started his shooting career with a 625, I am proud to say he beat me most of the time. :lol:

See you all there

Roger

18 wheelgunners at Area 1

Edited by underlug

The first day of shooting for Squad 7 is complete. We shot 9 stages plus chrono today and will shoot 3 stages on Saturday. No scores had been posted when we left the range. Squad 7 is the all-revolver squad here at Area 1. In our squad, James Austin seems to be leading. He has been shooting very smooth with few mistakes. Jerry V, Roger, & Scott S. are also in the mix. The squad is rounded out with Underlug, Teddi E., Joe & myself. Underlug & Teddi are alternating on beating on each other and should make it interesting for the "C" shooters. Joe has been shooting well but had some early gun misfires plus went minor at the chrono so its hard to say the overall effect it will have on his match. Nice man with great attitude, he has been alot of fun to shoot with. I have done my part as the squad caboose. Having lots of fun and finding many new ways to amuse the ROs with my shooting.

The rest of the revolver shooters at Area 1 are spread out amongst the other squads. Met LPatterson in the morning, he watched a few stages with our squad. He was scheduled to shoot this afternoon but I don't know how he did. Spoke with Bruce Blair and Shawn F. and they were running neck and neck with each other (both "A" shooters). They shot some different stages than our squad but sounds like our top 4 were close with them. Rich Bitow was not having a good match when I saw him. A couple of real bad stages. Hopefully, he can turn it around and shoot better tomorrow.

This my first big USPSA match. The ROs have been great. Most of the courses have been fun and challenging. Will try to post more tomorrow evening or Sunday morning.

After Day 2, 16 out of 18 shooters have finished the match. The last 2 will finish up this morning. James Austin is leading the overall with Shawn F. in second and Roger E. in third. Current results are posted on the USPSA website. Teddi E. (that's "Boss" to you, Bubber) is leading all the C shooters and is currently in the 8 spot. Bill S. (B-class) is shooting this morning and could change all the standings.

I would like to thank my squadmates for their patience and support during the match. I was shooting a pretty good match by my standards when I had a disaster stage on the second from last stage of the match (stage 5). Long field course, 32 rounds, and the cylinder came off in my hand during my second reload. Couldn't get it back in took 20 misses & 13 procedurals and got a big FAT 0 for the stage. Screw had loosened up just enough to let go. I was pretty upset, very embarrassed and ready to just pack up and leave right then. My squadmates calmed me down, encouraged me to finished. All of them class acts.

Overall, I enjoyed the match and met lots of fantastic people. Stage 9 was my favorite stage. I also liked stages 1,2,7 & 10.

Kudos to the match staff.

Match is complete - final results are posted on the USPSA website.

Area 1 Overall winner is James Austin (dubbed by Bubber as Black Bart at the IRC)

Shawn F. was 2nd and High A class

Roger Edington (Steelshooter) was 3rd and High B class

Teddi Edington was High C class and a very classy lady :bow:

Jon S. (Underlug) was High Senior revolver

Jerry V was 5th overall and shot a good match

Congratulations are in order for all the winners :cheers:

Match is complete - final results are posted on the USPSA website.

Area 1 Overall winner is James Austin (dubbed by Bubber as Black Bart at the IRC)

Shawn F. was 2nd and High A class

Roger Edington (Steelshooter) was 3rd and High B class

Teddi Edington was High C class and a very classy lady :bow:

Jon S. (Underlug) was High Senior revolver

Jerry V was 5th overall and shot a good match

Congratulations are in order for all the winners :cheers:

And Steelshooter 3 shot almost all A's and showed mucho class when bad luck fell as did Scott S. who had a great match going before tragedy struck.\\

A really good match/great ROs. A great revolver squad (#7). 18 revolvers (one got bumped to open). A good showing.

Edited by underlug

This was a fun match and I shot revo because hopalong said he was coming. Shot 6 stages Friday and last stage the gun would only go click, click, broke the extended firing pin. Talked to some people and they pointed me to Alan Kies as someone who might have a 625 firing pin. Sat morning met Alan at his first stage of the day and he did have a firing pin still in the bag and when I asked what he wanted for it he said do the same thing for another someday. Thank you Alan. Well even with the zero stage I managed to not be last which was my hope going into the match. Lots of fun, lots of reloads and I am going to have to do this somemore.

Shot 6 stages Friday and last stage the gun would only go click, click, broke the extended firing pin.....

Very sorry to hear of yet another victim of the fragile and breakable C&S extended firing pin.....it's always intensely frustrating to have equipment problems at a big match.

Sounds like many of the Area 1 wheelgunners are my compadres from "Squad Roger Roger" at the IRC! Great job James, and congratulations to all the other class and category victors as well. :cheers:

LeRoy,

Glad you had fun aside from your problem. :angry:

I had not given up on going until last month when It looked like I just couldn't get away from work. :angry2::angry2:

Sure would have liked to been there shooting instead of where I ended up. (your weather vs. the 103 degrees we had here) <_<

Will have to make it a "No, I'm going to Oregon shooting!" next year. ;)

Hopalong

Hopalong - You missed a good match. I think you would have liked it. Bruce Gary announced that Area 1 would be held in Oregon in June, 2008. I don't know if you'll see the same revolver turn-out next year as you did this year especially if Area 1 conflicts with the IRC. This happened in 2006. Hopefully, they'll be far enough apart that those that normally shoot at the IRC will also be able to shoot Area 1. Good luck at the Nationals!

The range and stages where excellant and the staff worked hard to put on a great match :cheers:

Being in Squad 7, The All Wheelgun Squad, was the best part of the match, everyone was great.......look forward to seeing most of you again in 2 1/2 weeks at the Crazy Croc :goof:

Here's some picture's of Squad 7: top to bottom James, Roger, Jerry, Teddi, Jon, Dan, Scott

[attacment=10213:Scott.JPG]

Edited by Jerry V