Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surgery Tomorrow

zhunter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you are still among the living :cheers:

How many nurses phone numbers did you get?

And if I recall correctly...just drinking the water in Florida will give you stones. <_<

You get to feelin better!

Jim

The nurses not up to me standards :(

And yes, Florida does tend to have a high rate of Kidney Stone sufferers.

I am alright, things are going better than expected so far.

And if I recall correctly...just drinking the water in Florida will give you stones. <_<

Jim

The nurses are not up to your standards OR the nurses HAVE standards....?

Jim

Good question, but being I never made a move, not sure what they were thinkin'

I was not in a mood to piss anyone off, we are talking about some sensitive areas, not a good idea to piss off the operators before the procedure.

Jim

Good question, but being I never made a move, not sure what they were thinkin'

I was not in a mood to piss anyone off, we are talking about some sensitive areas, not a good idea to piss off the operators before the procedure.

restraint is a good thing when in that position.. :rolleyes:

Wow, finally popped by the forums today and found this thread. Hope all is going well today and that you're feeling better. Nailing down the dietary causes may be a chore but like you said, maybe it's your only option given that this is such a frequent thing. Perhaps an online food journal could help.

restraint is a good thing when in that position.. :rolleyes:

Restraints??? NOW you're talkin' Z's language!!! :lol:

I have some history with restraints, but never in them. Sometimes some unwilling companions... OH I better not even joke about that. but, yes, I am familiar with them!!!

OK, now for the update. Had another bad case yesterday morning, one of the pieces was a bit too large to "pass", so I went to the ER at about 8:30 am. Was in ER until about 6:30 pm, then was properly admitted for the night. Just now getting home. WOW did that shower feel good. Hooked up top IV's and such, there was NO showering while there. Also, they would not let me eat for 24 hours. They had me ready for surgery again at all times.

So, go figure, 24 hours with no food, and gain 5 pounds!! :blink:

BORING

Have all the sympathy in the world for you. Had mine broken up twice on one side and once on the other. That was after 4 weeks with a stint in that felt like a garden hose. Finally the Doc said they were all of the size that would pass. 8 Months later I passed the largest piece which was about 4.5mm. Felt bad the whole time.

My Doc said trying to figure out the dietary cause was probably not going to help. He just said drink lots of water and no soda, tea or coffee. I even tried for beer and/or cranberry juice and he just laughed and said stay with water only. He said his business is virtually all in the summer time when people get dehydrated and thats how he plans his income and vacations. This held true since when I got mine in August there was a waiting list for the lipo machines, but later in the year for the second go around it was easier to get in. Since that experience, I drink at least a gallon of water a day - every once in a while a Belvedere.

Good luck and try to stay on the good drugs. I had to grit it out since the codeine stuff made me so ill I could not take it.

I think this is OK on the hate forum because I hated everything about the experience, but I still drinking the water.