Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My completed G35, Limited

Glockster35

I finally finished all the work I had planned on my G35. I am hoping to get a chance to shoot it this weekend.

The Glock 35:

G35-0035small.JPG

I texturized the grip, undercut the trigger guard, added a thumb shelf, replaced the Glock barrel with one from Storm Lake, added the JP Ent. Mag release, added a Novak's SS extended guide rod, New ISMI springs, Warren tactical sights with F/O front and 5 new Glock G22 magazines, each with a Arredondo 5 round extension.

I am extremely happy with the texturizing job I did. It feels like sandpaper, looks like a beavers coat and seems to be just what I wanted! :cheers:

My belt:

G35-holster.JPG

Safailand nylon belt with velcro inner, CR Speed magazine pouches (5 of them), Blade Tech straight drop holster (soon to be replaced with CR Speed, once it arrives) Notice that one of the CR SPeed magazine pouches is lying horizontal, this magazine pouch will hold a ten round magazine to be used for "Barney Loading" only.

Edited to correct that my base pads were Arredondo's not Dawsons. Thanks for not killing me over it, becuase I know someone else had to notice it! :ph34r:

Edited by Glockster35

I used a Sears brand craft woodburner/soldering iron, it was only $20.00. It came with four different heads for it, all different sizes and shapes. The one I choose was a thin soldering tip, and I think it produced the best lines. I would gladly do it as a side job as gun tinkering is my thing.

One thing I did learn was that in order to get a more agressive sandpaper like finish I started out with a thicker soldering tip, only on the front strap and rear grip area. This thicker tip created larger grooves. I waited a few hours and went back over it with a thinner tip. This thinner tip created ripples in between the larger grooves, and created a really grippy finish! The thumb rest was an afterthough, because I did not like the bump that was remaining from the original thumb rest. I removed the original and used the remaining material to create the thump rest you see now. My camera does not do Macro's very well, so the pictures I took of it do not show very well. Lastly, I have very small hands, and even smaller thumbs (sort of retarded looking) so the thumb rest is a necessity for me. If I could create one for my forward (non-firing) thumb I would do so, but my current holster will not allow it.

I used to be a firearms instructor/gun plumber for the Air Force, so I do have experience with many different firearms. I try to purchase one new firearm each year, and build the snot out of it, to learn the in's and out's, what works and what doesn't. It's a hobby my wife HATES!

This is the second full firearm I have built this year, my other was a custom M4 styled AR.

As for the load I will be shooting, heck, I don't know what I will feed it, I still have to find someone with a reloader, willing to teach me how to get started, but for now I will be feeding it Winchester white box from Wal-Mart. They have the best prices in town, that isn't saying much! I don't get out to shoot very often, and am looking to buy a house with enough property to build my own back yard range.

Unfortunately where I live, the closest USPSA/IDPA range is quite a drive and neither of my vehicles get good gas mileage, so re-joining the shooting sports is going to be some time in the future. For now, I will focus on dominating the local firing range competitions!

I do know how to do Glock and 1911 trigger work also. Although I am not 100% sure of it yet. I have spent many nights evelauting different trigger systems I have purchased for experimental use. And I love to read a certain someone's hints on this board! If he would only just say it all in one thread, Glock shooters world wide would prpbably bow to the man!

I don't have trigger weights handy, but I think mine is easily sub-2 pounds right now, with minimal take up and zero creep or overtravel. (pardon the non-Glock related terms if I used any). I think it is great, but have yet to allow anyone else the opportunity to shoot it as is.

My current trigger system is all new with this build, so I still have to test that out too. My first outing will be about 400 rounds to get the bugs worked out of it.

I am using the JP Enterprises magazine release. I like how far back it reaches, but it is very tall, and could easily get in the way of my grip. Time will tell if I start dropping mags. If I do, I will switch to the TD/LV release.

Nice work!

I used to be a firearms instructor/gun plumber for the Air Force, so I do have experience with many different firearms. I try to purchase one new firearm each year, and build the snot out of it, to learn the in's and out's, what works and what doesn't. It's a hobby my wife HATES!

This is the second full firearm I have built this year, my other was a custom M4 styled AR.

Unfortunately where I live, the closest USPSA/IDPA range is quite a drive and neither of my vehicles get good gas mileage, so re-joining the shooting sports is going to be some time in the future. For now, I will focus on dominating the local firing range competitions!

You sound like me. I bought a 10/22 with the idea of making it a inexpensive tack-driver, then ended up putting over a thousand dollars into it. . . but it shoots REALLY well. My AR-15s are still works in progress, can't decide on optics.

My unlimited Glock is probably the cheapest of my customs, but I think it's the most fun. I'm trying to hit all the local matches that I can.

Buying a gun that's good to go? What fun is that?

I worked on the trigger guard area again yesterday. I wasn't happy with the rounding or texturing I did on it earlier.

Full profile:

G35-Trigger%20Guard002.JPG

Close-up:

G35-Trigger%20Guard001.JPG

Bottom profile:

G35-Trigger%20Guard004.JPG

I really like the texture on the bottom of the triggerguard, I will call it my tire tread texture (TTT for short), very grippy, and it looks hella cool!

I will try to get better pictures of the texture later, it's raining outside and the sky is pretty dark.

I also had the opportunity to put a few rounds through the pistol yesterday. All I can say is WOW! I have done a lot to this pistol since I last shot it, and the results were amazing! I was actually able to control the shots much better in rapid succession than I have ever been able to before, and I was using factory ammo. The sights are simply amazing! I need to do more work on making sure the sights are in the correct position, I didn't have a paper target available, so I need to get it on paper soon!

And I love to read a certain someone's hints on this board! If he would only just say it all in one thread, Glock shooters world wide would prpbably bow to the man!

I think he enjoys being a tease. ;)

Can you tell us a little about your trigger mods? I'd be particularly interested in which connector you're using and any modifications made to the trigger bar.

My connector is a Lone Wolf 3.5 Connector, I really like how much smoother it seems to be over my original Glock 3.5. As far as the trigger bar mods, those I left up to Ralph Sotelo @ triggerkit.com, I am also using the Lone Wolf Ultimate Connector

But, I also have a stock trigger bar and connector I have been working on myself, I have got it just about where I want it to be. A little more testing with it, and I should be happy. Most of the mods to it have come directly from stuff I have read online (JoeD included).

And I think you are right, JoeD is a tease...

But understand, if he gave all his information away, he would not make any money on the triggers he does for other shooters. It just sucks that he only does trigger work if he has the frame. Well, that and he lives quite a drive from me!

• 2 weeks later...