Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How About Moving Cover?

I've shot in hundreds of club and major matches.... but this was a new one for me. We have a Match Director in Central Michigan who continously amazes me with the props he dreams up.

At his match this past weekend... he had built a plywood cut out auto that looked like a VW beetle with bigger windows. It was only one dimentional... but it had 2 working wheels and a 3rd wheel extended out from the back away from the car so it would stand up. The "car" was hooked to an electronic wench which pulled it across a very wide bay.

The car started at the buzzer.......and the shooter had to keep up with the car while shooting a bunch of targets (many with hard cover) which were spread across the 20 yard wide bay..... All shots had to be fired through the back window of the moving car.

Sweet!!!!!

The reloads for us revolver shooters were a real challenge. But I shot the stage down only 2 points :goof:

The "car" was hooked to an electronic wench which pulled it across a very wide bay.

My only question....

Was the wench blonde or brunette??? :devil:

Jane - Must've been a brunette - you've got the blond spot locked. :P

That stage sounds like an immense amount of fun.

I had no idea there was such a thing as an "electronic wench". Is that one more example of interactive technology? But who gets to program her? At least the electronic wench is able to help other things move around, instead of requiring a winch to move about herself.

Our IPDA club is independent of any range, so our props have to be very mobile. Here is a link to some video we shot last week: http://www.gadpa.com/forums/thread/507.aspx The mover is activated by a motion detector. It has been a challenge to find an inexpensive 12vdc motor with enough torque to pull the trolly as fast as we would like, but the motion detector has worked very well.

We shot this mover last weekend at our outdoor match, but the batteries were dead in my DVR, so I did not get to shoot any video :(