Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SureSight for production

texaschase

Have you tried a search? I remember them being discussed here not too long ago.

I've never seen them at a match. And considering competition shooters' endless search for the Holy Grail, I'd venture to say that if there was any real advantage in these sights, you'd see them at *every* match.

Uniquetek had a posting here that they carry them. That was about the extent of it.

Not much about them at GT, and nothing at all on SIGForum.

fwiw, I've yet to see them at a match. While they might be fine for that single target without a buzzer at BOT, I'm not sure of their efficacy in a large cof or match.

Edited by vluc

For someone who's never shot more than a few hundred rounds in their life, and wants something that's hi-visibility for self-defense at night, they look okay. If you look at the grip of the person in the photo, I think they fall into that category.

post-354-1184009110.jpg

For someone to compete in our sport in any of the divisions, no way. The sights would always hold you back. Like many designs, it tells you when your alignment is perfect BUT doesn't tell you how good or bad your shot will be when the alignment is not quite perfect. You need that information.

Anybody using them in production or other divisions?

Nope and as stated in some previous posts that should speek volumes about the validity of the sights for "fast, accurate shooting".

As a crutch for a new shooter, "why learn to run on crutches you will NEVER be as fast as a crutch free runner?"

I've installed a few for competition shooters.

I've also removed them and installed conventional sights for the same shooters.

They are some very funadamental things about shooting and "seeing" at high speeds that the designer of this sight doesn't understand, at all IMO.