Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

revolver smith needed

keeper

I live in northern NY state i have been shooting usps at my local club for some time, and loving it. I think next year i would like to travel to other shoots in the northeast and would like to improve my revolver. I'm shooting a 625 from the pc shop, no other modifications. Over the winter i would like to send the revolver out. Are there any good people in the northeast who specialize in revolver work?

Thanks Tim

I live in northern NY state i have been shooting usps at my local club for some time, and loving it. I think next year i would like to travel to other shoots in the northeast and would like to improve my revolver. I'm shooting a 625 from the pc shop, no other modifications. Over the winter i would like to send the revolver out. Are there any good people in the northeast who specialize in revolver work?

Thanks Tim

Tim,

I don't know anyone that will do the type of work we look for in a competition revolver that is in the North East. Apex Tactical in the west seems to have the best rep here.

If you are handy with tools and not afraid to jump in, many of us would be glad to help out by e mail.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks Tim

Apex Tactical is always a good bet.

In the NE, <pinnacle-guns.com> is excellent.

If you have to ship, you might as well ship it to the best.

I talked to Mark at Pinnacle about 10 days ago and he told me that he is not accepting any new work at this time. He is a one man shop and everybody wants their work finished YESTERDAY, and we all know how that goes. I don't know how long he will be backed up. It's too bad, since he is within convenient driving distance of me. It kind of makes me want to learn to do it myself.

Dave Sinko

I talked to Mark at Pinnacle about 10 days ago and he told me that he is not accepting any new work at this time. He is a one man shop and everybody wants their work finished YESTERDAY, and we all know how that goes. I don't know how long he will be backed up. It's too bad, since he is within convenient driving distance of me. It kind of makes me want to learn to do it myself.

Dave Sinko

Sounds like the kind of guy to buy a steak, brewski and anything else to get on his "Good" side. Or maybe just barge in with a nice waitress and hand feed him some steak while he's toiling away on some lucky guys firearm.

Sooner, or later, he may at least smile at you.

Dave Sinko

Sounds like the kind of guy to buy a steak, brewski and anything else to get on his "Good" side. Or maybe just barge in with a nice waitress and hand feed him some steak while he's toiling away on some lucky guys firearm.

Sooner, or later, he may at least smile at you.

Have you tried hard cash BRIBERY? Hearthco B)

Thank all for the replys. I think I'll try and do the work myself. Mike thought that Jerrys DVD on home revolver smithing might be the way to . Any one have a link or contact point to get it.

Thanks Again Tim

Keeper, if this is your primary competition gun & you are serious about branching out & shooting some other matches then have someone work on your gun that will insure that its 100% reliable, you don't want to have your gun down half the time when you could be enjoying a match somewhere.

Those mentioned above are very good but bogged down with too much work, you don't want your gun tied up in someone's shop for 6 months. Mike Carmoney is very knowledgeable on the S&W revolvers & the turn around time will be much better than some of those that do it for a living, Mike has a side job so its not like revolvers are his livelehood.

You wouldn't be disappointed.

Dick

Keeper, if this is your primary competition gun & you are serious about branching out & shooting some other matches then have someone work on your gun that will insure that its 100% reliable, you don't want to have your gun down half the time when you could be enjoying a match somewhere.

Those mentioned above are very good but bogged down with too much work, you don't want your gun tied up in someone's shop for 6 months. Mike Carmoney is very knowledgeable on the S&W revolvers & the turn around time will be much better than some of those that do it for a living, Mike has a side job so its not like revolvers are his livelehood.

You wouldn't be disappointed.

Dick

+1 on that.