Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

training schedules?

mgcchkn

I'm coming up on my 1 year mark as a member of USPSA and shooting this game and have decided it's time to stop screwing around and do this right. I'm sick of being a C Class shooter already. I need to come up with a training schedule (dry and live) and was wondering what kind of training schedule do you guys have (the ones with a schedule of course). :) I can only do live fire movement stuff on the weekends, but can do group shooting during the week and my local indoor range, and can do all the dry fire stuff in the world in my backyard.

So, let me know what you guys are doing, or give me an idea if you don't want to give away the secrets of your success. :)

Thanks!

Here's a link to my range diary, if you have say...the next 20 hours to kill :rolleyes:

Basically, after my last big match last year (Ohio Sectionals in Sept) I made the decision to do everything that I could to be a competitor. I purchased Steve Anderson's dryfire book, and dryfired an hour every day. Now that Steve has another book out, I picked it up too and have integrated my own 80 minute dryfire routine with the drills contained in his books. Combine this with cardiovascular exercise and you have the bulk of my program.

Link to Andersonshooting

-Dryfire 7 sessions a week

-6 hours of cardio

-one club/major match a week

-practice at the range when I can

Shoot with better shooters. Push each other to excel and learn. Be open to suggestions, but be weary of poor advice. Remain positive in practice as well as in a match.

...and always...wear sunscreen :)

The secrets of my success ???

1. THIS FORUM

2. Brian's Book

3. Shoot with better shooters than yourself (ride along to club matches, and LISTEN)

4. Practice what your NOT good at (it sucks I know)

5. HAVE FUN! (which brings us back to this forum!) :)

You'll have to come up with a schedule that fits YOUR life. Buy Brian's book, and then get Steve Anderson's book, and work on what YOU need to work on. What are you not so good at ?

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Get up go to work, come home, open beer, see what's on bube tube, check this forum, handguns and ammo, pistolsmith.com, TSA forum, watch Scrubs, check stocks, come back to BE forum, figure I should be dryfiring instead of screwing around online, promise to do it tommorrow, repeat till Saturday morning, load up for match saying dang I didnt practice all week and have a match today, not gonna do that again.......... Repeat.

Get up go to work, come home, open beer, see what's on bube tube, check this forum, handguns and ammo, pistolsmith.com, TSA forum, watch Scrubs, check stocks, come back to BE forum, figure I should be dryfiring instead of screwing around online, promise to do it tommorrow, repeat till Saturday morning, load up for match saying dang I didnt practice all week and have a match today, not gonna do that again.......... Repeat.

WOW, HAVE BEEN SPYING ON ME ????? :cheers::cheers::cheers:

That is almost exactly what I currently do, but it's not working anymore. :goof:

One that's actually helped me quite a bit is Rob Leatham's Drill Master Shooting Club; I think its about $25 for a year, and you get access to Mr. Leatham's practice drills. The drills are great, and his page long discussion of how HE approaches each drill is fantastic.

The drills he uses are simple, and most of them are perfect for an indoor range and/or a limited use outdoor range.

FY42385