Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone sell SVI mags other than SVI.

lucas

Not for standard,and after all the bad i read about SPS i'm apprehensive about it. The mags would be for a 45 STI built for me by Triangle to attend Thunder Ranch in 2 weeks. I ordered it with 5 STI 126 mags and they work but not without a lot of screwing around which seems to be the norm these days with STI ,and still need tool to get 3 of the 5 loaded to advertised 12rds.Thats okay but i still dont like it .

I'm looking for SVI because i have some first gen STI 126 mags for a 45 STI that will work with anything and with a grams spring, loads 13 no problem let alone 12rds ,but i want more mags and the first gen STI look exactly like the SVI without all the ribs ,so i'm thinking SVI will do better and load more to boot.

If you need them in 2 weeks you are in trouble, it is going to be really hard to find some in stock somewhere with someone that can tune them. The last couple dozen SV I have seen needed the feed lips set BADLY. Maybe 45 is better but the 38/9 and 40 mags had horrendous lip dimensions and shapes. The bodies are pretty decent as far as form goes, but don't expect them to run well or be easy to load right out of the package. If you can find them in stock and tuned you will be set, otherwise you might want to tune up the ones you have or get them tuned and use them.