Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Smith's 1911/2011 Help

lrjet

My shooting buddies shoot Bianchi/Action Pistol I would like to join them and I dont want to mess up my open steel gun by installing a shroud. Can you guys give me a list of specific builders--have already tried Nowlin and Gilmore with no luck. Seems finding a Pistol or Smith is about as hard as hitting the mover. Thanks Guys

Are you looking to have a gun built? You might have some luck finding a good used blaster that might need only a barrel and an optic more to your liking (or not). You can also just shoot that Open steel gun in Open Modified - it just needs to shoot X ring at 35 and 10 ring at 50 or better.

PS - the Mover is easy ;)

Are you looking to have a gun built? You might have some luck finding a good used blaster that might need only a barrel and an optic more to your liking (or not). You can also just shoot that Open steel gun in Open Modified - it just needs to shoot X ring at 35 and 10 ring at 50 or better.

you may want to drop Jay Della bella a line at jayjdb@yahoo.com he had a few guns he built at the cup that all ran flawlessly as well as his own........ i even heard a rumor that one of the champions was shooting Jays backup gun......he also keeps all my IPSC, IDPA, and Bianchi guns and AR's running like a top.......i witnessed him shooting a ransom rest 38 super group at 50 yards that a quarter would cover with one of his rebarreling jobs on a Bianchi gun....i think one of the Aussies was shooting that gun......Building guns is not his day job however, but me and a lot of others know he's worth waiting for...........Ray

you may want to drop Jay Della bella a line at jayjdb@yahoo.com he had a few guns he built at the cup that all ran flawlessly as well as his own........ i even heard a rumor that one of the champions was shooting Jays backup gun......he also keeps all my IPSC, IDPA, and Bianchi guns and AR's running like a top.......i witnessed him shooting a ransom rest 38 super group at 50 yards that a quarter would cover with one of his rebarreling jobs on a Bianchi gun....i think one of the Aussies was shooting that gun......Building guns is not his day job however, but me and a lot of others know he's worth waiting for...........Ray

+1 I have heard nothing but raves about Jay's guns from some people who know how to pull the trigger. If you're on the east coast, I'd definitely look him up.

Definitely check out EGW. They built Doug Koenig's pistols for a long time and I think they still do. For what its worth they have done great work on my guns as well.

Adam