Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 22-45 (quiet Type)

Flexmoney

I could use one of those. Just last night my roommate and his friend were asking me why I didn't shoot the skunk in our driveway, the rat on the sidewalk, and the rat in the garage. I guess they've never heard an (unsuppressed) gun before, besides just generally not having a clue.

Mainly as a toy, BUT.

Here in New Zealand we are allowed any kind of supressor on any kind of firearm that you are legally allowed to own. So many people who shoot at night (Rabbits Opposum Pigs Deer) with the aid of spotlights are usually seen and not heard when they shoot. Many places that are quite safe to shoot are also sometimes near neighbours who dislike the sound of gun fire at midnight. So supressors are actively encouraged by the police. Saves on midnight call outs for rural and semi rural LEO's. They get real cranky when they have jump off the lady of the house. :D

So the difficulty is, it is illegal to hunt with a handgun here in New Zealand. So many people who want to dispatch an annoying rat or whatever (the local Tomcat who pisses on the front doorstep comes to mind suddenly) and if they are handgun owners sometimes find themselves with $1300 ($700US) to spare and a yearning then this is for them.

I have 8 supressed firearms.

Ruger 10/22 similar job to the pistol but slightly quieter.

Ruger Custom 458X2, launches 500gr pills at 1050fps inaudible at 50metres and deadly on deer.

Ruger PC4 carbine 40S&W. This uses a std muzzle can that adds 8" to the barrel but the rifle will still work like normal when silencer removed.

SMLE sporter with Muzzle can. (I have three different rifles that I move the silencer around on, all threaded to match a FN G3 muzzle. A friend has one of those which we occaisionally annoy goats with.

BRNO (CZ) 22 lr Bolt action, Slide on Plactic Silencer. Ugly but quiet.

Ruger 22-45 similar to picture from Flex.

My boss has a Marlin 45ACP camp carbine that has an integral supressor, and a Ruger Stainless 222 that we use for dear culling, with full camo paint job too. I think he has a Ruger 1022 as well.

The reason for so many Rugers is that they are the easiest to make semi autos work as far as subsonic ammo goes. We have done Browning BAR's in centrefire as well but they are real expensive to chop up.

AR-15's a real easy to do, so is the Mini14. But we use std ammo for those and all you hear is the action slap open and the crack of the bullet. Very little other noise.

When I figure how to post photo's properly I will sort out what I have got.

Flex, in the meantime if you could post any that I sent you that would be cool.

gm irod,

Most of those pic that you sent are on the "other" computer.

But, if you have the pics on your machine, it is real easy to post pictures on this new board.

When you are typing away at a message, just look down below the smiley faces...where it says "File Arrachments". Just hit the button to the right on the window that says "Browse...". You can they locate the file you wnat on your computer, then up-load it right to the board.

(You may need to make sure the size of the picture isn't too big...or the file.)

Because you might enjoy yourself.

And they also believe everything that comes out of Hollywierd.

Flex, maybe that feature needs to be added to the forum as a std arrangement for all members. Not that I am complaining about the new forum. It is sooooo much better. When you say "other" computer, I take it you mean useless heap in corner. :o