Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Info on A1 Multi Gun and MOR Match

Latest and Greatest Info on the Area 1 Multi Gun Championship (June 29-July 1)

Round Counts have been slightly altered: now you have 89 Rifle, 74 Pistol, 73 Shot, and 28 Slugs. Minimum rounds, that is.

The staff match will be Friday, June 29th starting around 9 am, following a brief meeting at 8 am for those who can make it. Since we didn't get enough RO's to man all the stages we are going with "Squad Moms" but if the staffers want to shoot on Friday they can.

If you have sent in an App Mike should have sent you this info but just in case... Registration will be 5 pm to 7pm on Friday and 7 am to 9 am on Saturday. Shooters Meeting will be at 9 am on Saturday and we'll start shooting right after that. Shooting will start on Sunday at 9 am. We 'should' be done and ready to do awards around 1 pm on Sunday.

The MOR side match will start at 9 am on Friday the 29th with a brief meeting and sign up. 3 Stages, 31 rounds total. Expect some movement and some 400 yard shots. Entry Fee is $25 and we will be giving cash pay outs, depending on the number of shooters. Sign up will be at the stat shack on the North Range.

For those hardy souls who want to help out set up will begin Monday, June 25th around 8 am

IF you have not signed up for the match there is still time and space to do so. Mike mentioned that we've gotten several applications with requests to squad folks with people who have not sent in their apps. Make sure your buddies are really signed up. Chuck has done an outstanding job of getting sponsors and prizes for the match-nobody will go home empty handed.

You can get an application at www.nassonline.org in either word or PDF. Contact Mike at nomikes@hotmail.com or contact me at tomdagadget@hotmail.com if you have questions.

See you at the match!

Tom Chambers

Range Master

2007 Area 1 Multi Gun Championship

Would have loved to come RO/Shoot in Albany again this year but the timing was just too close to the Nationals in Missoula. Couldn't get time off from work or approved by the wife. :(

I've gotten a couple of questions on the MOR Match and have posted some additional info below:

MOR stands for manually operated rifle. This means a single shot, bolt, lever, or pump rifle, or An AR style rifle with the gas tube removed or disconnected so that all operation must be done manually, including ejecting the spent round and loading a fresh one. Optical devices are allowed. Magazine capacity must be no more than 5 rounds, 6 total in the gun, and the magazine can be detachable. No Magnum Calibers and no 50 BMG or similar rounds due to damage to equipment. For this side match we will not have any separate divisions.

If anyone has additional questions contact me.

Tom Chambers

Range Master, Area 1 Multi-Gun Championship

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

I've gotten a couple of questions on the MOR Match and have posted some additional info below:

MOR stands for manually operated rifle. This means a single shot, bolt, lever, or pump rifle, or An AR style rifle with the gas tube removed or disconnected so that all operation must be done manually, including ejecting the spent round and loading a fresh one. Optical devices are allowed. Magazine capacity must be no more than 5 rounds, 6 total in the gun, and the magazine can be detachable. No Magnum Calibers and no 50 BMG or similar rounds due to damage to equipment. For this side match we will not have any separate divisions.

Tom Chambers

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

Tom,

Travis w/MGM Targets here. You stated that an AR rifle with the gas tube removed would qualify, but all operation must be done manually including the ejecting and loading of a fresh round. My question is does the spring pushing the bolt forward to load the next round qualify as manually inserting the next round? If it does, that is great and I'll be there. If it doesn't, the only other bolt action gun I have is a 300WM so I'll have to keep looking for one! Thanks and take care.

TG

Tom Chambers

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

Tom,

Travis w/MGM Targets here. You stated that an AR rifle with the gas tube removed would qualify, but all operation must be done manually including the ejecting and loading of a fresh round. My question is does the spring pushing the bolt forward to load the next round qualify as manually inserting the next round? If it does, that is great and I'll be there. If it doesn't, the only other bolt action gun I have is a 300WM so I'll have to keep looking for one! Thanks and take care.

TG

Travis, the gun cannot automatically cycle the next round into the chamber. As long as you pull the operating rod back to eject the spent round you can let the spring chamber the next round. Hope this answers your question.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

I have asked in the past and I was told "no." I seem to remember that I was told that Voight himself said no. It's one of the reasons I bought a bolt gun instead of using an AR with no gas.

But I can't find the thread so maybe I'm just remembering wrong?

If the rule has been changed and you can slingshot the round in USPSA MOR... great. I think it will bring more shooters into MOR.

I'll be there!

Just to put this to rest...

Being the curious sort I wondered how you could get the bolt to return without an intact buffer spring so I pulled mine out of my Colt HBAR to see what would happen. To get the bolt to return(and that is a very loose term, pardon the pun) I had to use a screwdriver to coax the bolt forward from the rearward position after pulling the operating rod back since the rod doesn't assist in getting the bolt forward. Not safe and not very competitive.

Rumors and innuendos aside, I will allow AR style rifles to be used with the gas disconnected or otherwise rendered inoperable and the buffer spring in place. If, for some reason anyone is still upset about allowing them AR's into the Side Match, then don't shoot it-that'll show me.

Enough said

Tom Chambers

Range Master

2007 Area 1 Multi Gun Championship

Match Director, MOR Side Match

Holiday Inn Express near the Albany muni-airport was a pretty good deal for the Multi-Gun Nats last year... and it shares a parking lot with a Comfort Suites, which also isn't bad. There's also a Phoenix Inn about a mile closer to the range; haven't stayed at that one but the one in Bend was a good deal.

For food, you gotta go for the garlic chicken pizza and the honey-bourbon wings at Abby's legendary Pizza ;-)

B

Holiday Inn Express near the Albany muni-airport was a pretty good deal for the Multi-Gun Nats last year... and it shares a parking lot with a Comfort Suites, which also isn't bad. There's also a Phoenix Inn about a mile closer to the range; haven't stayed at that one but the one in Bend was a good deal.

For food, you gotta go for the garlic chicken pizza and the honey-bourbon wings at Abby's legendary Pizza ;-)

B

We statyed at the Phoenix Inn last year, nice place, but the price went way up this year.

Bruce.. Where's the Pizza place?

Fight the power!

Any recommendations as to a good place to eat in Albany?

Any places to visit?

There are a number of good places to eat in Albany. Newport Bay Seafood, Novak's Hungarian Resturant, and others. If I get a chance this morning, after I get to the range I'll look up some others and post them.

Tom Chambers