Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M.A.F.G. at a fun match

jhgtyre

Hey SpeedStick and SpeedStick Jr. are even in the first photo!  Yes Phil that was a fun match.  If my kids ever get a Saturday free from smallbore and high power matches we might have to drive back out to Kearney.

-ld

"This shot is from the 1998 Rocky Mountain Stock Gun championship in Montrose, Colorado. The guy in the green shirt throwing up dirt behind his plate rack is me. The tall fellow, partially obscured by the RO, is Brian. And, yes, he smoked me like a cheap cigar!"     --Sam

bonedaddy_brian.jpg

HA!  Thanks SiG Lady!  (I'm so technically challenged.)

That was a such memorable moment for me, thank you again for allowing me to share it here.  I was an "A" shooter then and had studied "the book" for about 2 years when this shot was taken.  Nothing I ever read about shooting ever made so much sense to me.

It was supremely cool to realize that I had stayed in the shoot-off long enough to meet a guy who, while a total stranger, was through "the book",  my mentor.  Something about my shooting changed that day.   I don't know if it was osmosis or good karma rubbing off, but something changed.     Thanks Ghost Dog!

Careful now, Kyle.  Hittin the dirt ain't as easy as I'm makin it look in the foto.  A lot can go wrong here in the cosmic sense. There's a certain harmonic you're trying to achieve.  First, you gotta get your gun to shaking  like Barney Fife on caffeine.  Then, when you're totally zoned in, (right before the pee runs down your leg) slap leather and cut loose with yer blaster.  If everything is just right, the clouds roll back, the angels hit a high note and presto yer makin yer own "dirt rainbow".  

There's no place like home...... there's no place like home.....there's no place like  home.....  

You guys are too much!...

But you should really be around when a 'prone' stage occurs at The Baron's Den. Right. They don't let us do that any more.

Some people just don't know which way to fire their blaster, I swear.