Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As usual a great match, with normal Iowa weather thrown in.

Thanks to the whole crew for all your work.

Thanks for standing (or trying to) in the mud and rain.

Thanks

4th Father / son - Griffith from Nebraska

Sherwyn

I got some video of Stage 6, one of the more interesting stages in the match. Quite a few ways to shoot it.

Matt :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...mp;q=uspsa+iowa

Ben:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=76...mp;q=uspsa+iowa

Nick:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...mp;q=uspsa+iowa

I'll be back next year. We're bound to have a dry match one of these years. Right? :rolleyes:

I may invest in some cleats, though. :ph34r:

I know how our squad shot it on Saturday but how did some of the rest of you shoot the left stage in the woods? (Not the one with the bridge) Most of our squad stayed on top of the hill and shot some of those targets from distance rather than do the jungle run to get closer to them. Although it was really muddy and potentially dangerous to run it on Saturday I still think I would have stayed up top and shot the stage if the ground had been dry. Hell, even shooting a revolver I had extra rounds to poke at some of those long range targets.

Well it was dry Friday.

I wasted some time and ran to the very top, since I had to reload anyway I figured I'd make up the extra time. That cost me a few seconds over hitting the furthest uphill target around the right side of the wall. Then I hoofed it all the way down and around. Which I don't think cost me that much. Though it did make me a bit nervous engaging targets as I got to the turn.

It seemed about 50/50 on standing vs. running. Though Manny & Chad took most from the top.

I didn't see how Mike ran it.

Ended up being a pretty close race amongst the 3 Revolver Masters there. Less than 7% betwixt us. Now if I hadn't been trying to match speeds with Manny & Chad on the classifier, and squeezed the trigger instead of slapping it? I had a good sight picture on every shot, just lacked finesse on the old finger. I think that's the first time I've ever ZERO'd a Stage.

But, dang it I earned that Zero! ;)

Maybe next year they can do away with running down that stretch of hill and just make it a "Slide Shoot"! :lol:

Now if I hadn't been trying to match speeds with Manny & Chad on the classifier, and squeezed the trigger instead of slapping it? I had a good sight picture on every shot, just lacked finesse on the old finger. I think that's the first time I've ever ZERO'd a Stage.

But, dang it I earned that Zero! ;)

I was kinda wondering what happened to you on the classifier to earn that many penalties.

I was almost positive that you didn't forget to do the mandatory reload. ;)

I didn't consider the jungle run an option on Saturday because of the conditions so I really did not look at it that close to truly see if it was better one way or the other. I was concentrating on staying upright.

Edited by Keith

The results are now on the USPSA website... :rolleyes:

Skip

Results are also now on the club website. Click on Match info, then look under special matches

By the way, the website address is changing

www.ioweb.com/oops

is changing to

www.shootiowa.com

Thanks

PSKYS 2,

I don't know if you plan to write another fine article for Front Sight on this match.

I have quite a few digital videos and photos from the match. Pics & Vids of you, Manny, DougC, and myself.

Here is one example of the Stage 3 Van Gambit.

2007IASect30compressed2.jpg

I think this move is straight from Starsky & Hutch, or was it Cagney & Lacey? :lol:

PSKYS 2,

I don't know if you plan to write another fine article for Front Sight on this match.

I have quite a few digital videos and photos from the match. Pics & Vids of you, Manny, DougC, and myself.

Here is one example of the Stage 3 Van Gambit.

2007IASect30compressed2.jpg

I think this move is straight from Starsky & Hutch, or was it Cagney & Lacey? :lol:

I'm backed up on Articles for the SFC. I had no plans on one for Iowa. I would like to see the pix/vid's though. I'm afraid I was peilously close to a 180 over the head infraction!

I will post them up as soon as I can.

Will let everyone know once I have them out there somewhere.

I was only a spectator this day. I was the RO for this stage on Sat. and everyone else went with backing up and/or closing the door.

Some of the videos are of you and of Manny. Both show extreme speed in a course of fire.