Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I get V.V. N105?

PistolPete

I'm running low on my N105 and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can pick up some of this stuff? Feel free to PM me if you don't want your source exposed on here. I only have a few pounds left so I need to get something going ASAP. I've tried other powders but for me nothing compares to the N105 in my super.

Thanks,

Pete

ps. If you're a dealer feel free to contact me as well and let me know how much you have avail. to sell. :ph34r:

Have you called Angus Hobdell?

Don Golembieski is VV technical representative for the USA.

Call him - KodiakPrecision.com

BTW: According to the importer, I believe they are limited to the number of pounds they can ship each day, so there is generally a significant delay. The obvious recommendation is to order alot in advance to take care of the supply problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry man but I'm afraid you're going to have to face the fact that there's just not any out there.

Time to start looking for a suitable substitute. :angry:

I just ordered 4 pounds of 4756 but haven't had a chance to test any yet.

If I don't like the 4756 I plan to try 3N38.

I don't have a choice. The N105 has run dry and I'm down to less than 200 loaded rounds. :(

Tls

Edited by 38superman

I've tried the 4756 and I'm not a big fan. The dot just bounces like crazy on this stuff. Looks like I don't have a choice though. I was told never to run the 3n38 thru my open gun though so I won't be trying that. ERRRRRRRR

I've tried the 4756 and I'm not a big fan. The dot just bounces like crazy on this stuff. Looks like I don't have a choice though. I was told never to run the 3n38 thru my open gun though so I won't be trying that. ERRRRRRRR

PistolPete

1) Make your load with 4756 at 168pf and 170pf, get three recoil spring 7lb, 8lb and 9lb. Go to the range with at least 300 rounds. Do El Prez and Bill Drill multiple times with all three recoil springs, and then compare your hit factor. The idea is to find not exactly what you like at this moment, but what recoil spring is more reliable without compromising the efficiency of the gun.

2) Choose your favorite load from the previous day. Load at least 200 rounds; setup four targets at least 30 yards away. Two full targets, one on each end, the two other targets only with the A zone available, cover the rest of the target with either hard cover or no shoots. This drill is for you to concentrate on trigger control and your ability to recover sight picture. This drill will improve your split time as well.

Now with almost 500 rounds using 4756 you should be able to accept the new load and you forget how different the N105 feels. However, with 4756 always make sure your chamber is absolutely clean. I can’t prove this, but I believe depending on the load you are using with 4756 the pressure expends the case more than other powders. I have tried, N105, 3N38 and N350.

I hate to say this, but I think the 3N38 is the best powder for an open gun, with the exception of the unnecessary flames you get occasionally.

Sandro

I'm not too sure why you've been told not to run 3n38.

I shoot a Brazos Pro Sx which is a shorty.

The short barrel, comp, and poppleholes do factor into the powder selection.

However, I ran this by Bob Londrigan and he told me that 3N38 would be fine in my gun.

He simply doesn't prefer it because it gave a lot of flash.

I am quite content with N105 but if you can't get it, you can't get it.

There has to be a good alternative.

I just wish I didn't have to expend time, and money to find it.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

I stand to be corrected as Bob recommended to stay away from 7625 and N350 not the 3N38. Maybe I'll pick some of the 3N38 up and see how it is. Either way I'm going to pick up 8lbs of 4756.

Who has experience with the 3N38 and what are your thoughts?

Pete

I stand to be corrected as Bob recommended to stay away from 7625 and N350 not the 3N38. Maybe I'll pick some of the 3N38 up and see how it is. Either way I'm going to pick up 8lbs of 4756.

Who has experience with the 3N38 and what are your thoughts?

Pete

Why did Bob say to stay away from N-350?

FM

Why did Bob say to stay away from N-350?

FM

Bob's apparently done a bunch of pressure testing and told me that the only powders that will make major in the Pro Sx are 4756 and N105.

I didn't get the part of 3N38 being okay from him when I bought my Pro Sx though...

BTW, I'm looking for N105 as well. 4756 seems to work well for my gun but it's only happy close to 167 pf. Any higher and my dot starts jumping. To get the safety margin for a big match, I prefer N105....

I have never used N-105 or 3N38.

N-350 burns between 3N37 & 3N38 IIRC. And slower than 4756 and quicker than N-105.

I don't know why N-350 wouldn't work?

FM

Burn rate chart comparisons are only part of the story when it comes to pressure. It's possible to get higher pressures with a powder that's slower on the chart (assuming you're using the same bullet, oal etc). That's because burn rates don't exactly reproduce what happens in a cartridge when it's fired. It sounds like this is one of those situations.

Agreed but I wouldn't rule out trying it, I have 5 pounds of 4756 that I don't know if I'll ever get to try as I just received 16 pounds of N-350.

The very kool thing about 4756 is it's availability. :)

I have two friends that swear by it in their supers.

FM

Edited by Front Man

Agreed but I wouldn't rule out trying it, I have 5 pounds of 4756 that I don't know if I'll ever get to try as I just received 16 pounds of N-350.

FM

Yeah, I'd probably give it a try too...just never know. Man, with all that powder around you better shot a LOT :surprise:

FM

Yeah, I'd probably give it a try too...just never know. Man, with all that powder around you better shot a LOT :surprise:

I hope it's not a life time supply! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FM

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...