Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal Primers Available @ Powder Valley

Jeffrey Yao

Powder Valley received some Federal primers. I know they have Small Pistol Match, Large Pistol Mag Match and few other ones available.

My local supplier also received some regular Small Pistol and he told me that Federal is still shipping small quantity to different distributors.

Does anyone know the difference between the Small Pistol Match and standard Small Pistol primers?

They have them. Just got the e-mail telling me mine were on the way.

At this point I don't care about a few extras bucks for match primers....Just glad to get something to keep the finicky G35 running.

Powder Valley received some Federal primers. I know they have Small Pistol Match, Large Pistol Mag Match and few other ones available.

My local supplier also received some regular Small Pistol and he told me that Federal is still shipping small quantity to different distributors.

Does anyone know the difference between the Small Pistol Match and standard Small Pistol primers?

It was explained to me that the Match primers have tighter specifications to ensure they are more uniform in charge weights. They are aimed at the benchrest/precision market that matches everything from individual bullets to brass to calibrated tumbler media ;) .

The increased precision is lost on most of us, but availability probably trumps the premium you have to pay.

It was explained to me that the Match primers have tighter specifications to ensure they are more uniform in charge weights. They are aimed at the benchrest/precision market that matches everything from individual bullets to brass to calibrated tumbler media ;) .

The increased precision is lost on most of us, but availability probably trumps the premium you have to pay.

That was the story I was told when I bought my first large pistol match primers since they didn't have anything else. I found a brass colored primer in one of the packs, I guess it didn't make it through the plating process. I have never seen this in the regular grade. So much for tighter specifications. Looks like a way to squeeze out a few extra bucks from our pocket. I'll buy more if I find them just to have something for my revolver.

It appears that Midsouth has Small Pistol Match primers available also as well as Small Rifle and Small pistol Magnum match. If you need them, there they are. Prices are high but what can you do?

I've checked the other online sources I use to check for supplies and have found they are all out of anything Federal save things like Large pistol magnum or large rifle magnum.

Vince

...hey, Paulie...IZZAT YOU??? :P ...Widener's DID have some...'til SOMEBODY bought most of 'em up... :) ...let me know if you need any...guess I could spare a coupla' thou' for a poor, retired "Civil Servant"...LOL!!!....mikey357

Edited by mikey357

...hey, Paulie, you are RIGHT ON about John...he wanted either 10K or 15K of the "Small Pistol", can't remember...the ol' "CRS" is acting up again...too many "Rotating Shifts" this week--betcha' don't miss THAT!!!--I guess havin' a youngin' who shoots MORE and BETTER than you do "Eats Up the Ammo" sometimes!!! Worst part is, John's "Carpal Tunnel" gets flared up from time to time from pullin' the handle on the Dillon!!! Let me know if YOU need any, prolly' have enough coming to spare another 5 or 10K...sounds almost like a RACE, huh???...Later....mikey357