Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kkm barrel G35

spooledup

I am wanting to get a kkm barrel and wanted a little advice on which one I need . From doing a search most just say kkm barrel . So my question is do i need to get the gunsmith fit and have it fit or just get the drop in ? My reasons for the purchase is because I am going to star shooting alot of lead ( I know you can run it in the stock one) and want a little more chamber support . Thanks JP

Edited by spooledup

I have tested numerous barrels including the KKM. IMO the Lone Wolf is just as good at about half the cost. I have always felt the KKM and Barsto barrels were way over priced.

spooledup,

Talk to John at SJC, they use a KKM barrel that has 100% supported chamber. Yes the KKM is worth the money, I had mine done two months ago along with the slide tightening.....very nice

spankymac

If you're just going to go with a drop in get a Lone Wolf.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

If you are going get the whole package fitted barrel, slide tightening get the KKM.

I have a drop in Lone Wolf, it shoots an inch with jacketed or cast.

I have one in my 24 and shoot a lot of cheap swaged lead bullets.

It shoots great and I am not getting any leading.

Got myself a Lonewolf, and love it. Don't really care where it may or may not have come from...

1/2 the price of the others, dropped right in and shoots tighter than I do. Accurate and then some (shot many doubles the first match with it (not "perfect" ones- actual ones ;) )

Shipped out the morning after I bought it, had it in about 3 days, IIRC.

Let us know what you chose, and how it turns out please!

Happy shooting!

I have a KKM in my G-34. It is a very nicely finished piece. Can't tell difference in accuracy between it and factory barrel.

You will need an adjustable rear sight as your point of impact (POI) will change slightly because your new barrel will likely lock up tighter. On my gun after new barrel install, it was shooting high and left. A few ajustments on my Dawson rear sight and I was dialed in.

Only problem I had with it was the chamber throat not being long enough and I had to send it off to a local smith to ream deaper. KKM would not fix the barrel for me. Cost me $26, no big deal and now I can load really long if I want.

Almost forgot... mine is a "drop in" type.

Edited by Okie-Glocker