Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Georgia State 3-gun Championship?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody know if there will be a Georgia State Championship 3-gun match this year?

Southriver put on a very good match last July. I just haven't heard anything about one this year.

Larry Turner says there will be a GA State 3 gun match in either August or September held at South River. It will be 3 gun format.

Anybody know if there will be a Georgia State Championship 3-gun match this year?

Southriver put on a very good match last July. I just haven't heard anything about one this year.

Larry Turner says there will be a GA State 3 gun match in either August or September held at South River. It will be 3 gun format.

Thanks for the reply, I will be looking forward to the Aug/Sept match. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My bad, the Georgia State 3-Gun Match is on the first Sunday of September and the Area 6 3-Gun Match is on the first weekend of November. The State Match is going to be a 3-gun, not a multi-gun match.

South River will have a semi-annual quarterly :wacko: 3-Gun on July 1st. Not sure about the stages, but they will be posted at the 'www.georgiaipsc.com' website. We will have the Georgia State 3-Gun on September 2nd. The jury is still out on whether it will be a multi-gun or 3-gun. I will get an entry blank up for it shortly. As always, anyone volunteering for help with setup on the Saturday before the match will be greatly appreciated and receive a discount on their entry fee... :ph34r:

What should one expect from this match? Do they run a Heavy Metal? What rules are used for scoring? I couldn't make it last year.

Thanks

Edited by sono

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the info for the Georgia State 3-Gun on September 2nd. This will be a one day match 3-Gun Tournament with registration at 8:30am and shooting starting at 9am. 3 rifle stages with shots out to 200 yds, 2 pistol, and 3 shotgun stages. You will need up to 20 slugs. Heavy Metal will be recognized if there are 3 or more entries. Courses will be posted at www.georgiaipsc.com once they are finalized. Entry fee is $60 and you will get a t-shirt if your entry is received by August 15th. There is a discount for setup help on 8/31 and 9/1. Squad leaders (first 8) shoot for free. Here's the entry form: Entry_Form__2007_GA_3Gun.pdf We hope to see you there! :ph34r:

Thanks for the Heavy Metal. Are there hotels near the range or even camper hookups I'll need to come Sat. evening? Does the range allow mules (the gas powered ones)?

Sure, depending on the direction/expressway you come from, you can find plenty of hotels in Conyers or McDonough. The range also has camper hookups. I think the charge is $20 per night. You can use your mule at the match too. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

They are all going to be a big surprise!! Just kidding, we are currently working on them and thanks to our friends in Alabama, we will have some flash targets out to 200 yds!!! Plus those nastly little mini auto poppers (but not at 200 yds). :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

One of these times, we're going to have to think about going back to a time when we didn't get to see the stages until we showed up at the match and got our match books. Like the Nationals used to be run. :o Of course on the other hand, there's not going to be a match book for this one.

Anyway, stages available at georgiaipsc.com.

Edited by wgnoyes