Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snubby Match!?

chp5

A few years back I heard about a gun club (can’t remember which one) that had a snubby-only match.

At the time, I thought – “how boring.” Now that I have a snubby, I think it would be a blast.

Anyone ever shot a match like that?

Here’s some suggested rules:

 Standard USPSA scoring (or maybe a time plus method to keep scoring and results simple)

 Only 5 shots per cylinder (to keep the 6 round snubbies from dominating),

 2.5” barrel max length,

 20 round max round count per stage,

 Most targets under 10 yards.

What cha think? Fun or silly?

I think I'd need a 36 or a 60 because with my 642 my hand is gonna hurt. :(

It would still be fun! :D

Yes - a steel framed J would be better then an Airweight.

The very first shot I took with my M37 was with some Fiochi (SP?) ammo. It was hot as hell and my thumb hit the razor-sharp side of the cylinder release. It cut me almost to the bone :o

After I stopped bleeding, I shot some 158 grain LHP +p ammo. It was much milder than that Fiochi ammo. :blink:

I took the M37 home and rounded the edges of the cylinder latch :D

I really enjoy shooting it, but rarely shoot much more than 50 rounds out of it at any range trip.

This is done at S&W quite often as IDPA Back up gun match. Other IDPA clubs do it as a side match.

For my snub I use a 2.5" 66-1 with full magnum loads :) They won't let me use my Airlite because it is ported.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

We did that at our club last year after a monthly meeting. It was a lot of fun. The way we set up it was: one round per target, 9 round stage with only one reload allowed. Just had to careful with that little muzzle not to sweep yourself.

Our club runs a yearly pocket gun match. We have multiple classes depending on the action and size of your pocket gun, Revo under 2.5", Revo over 2.5", Semi under 3", Semi over 3". We run four stages. Each stage is 5 rounds only, shot 3 times (freestyle, strong, weak).

We setup all 4 stages side by side and run 4 shooters back to back between scoring and then rotate all of them by one stage. It takes about 30-45 min to shoot and you can shoot it as many times as you want.

Lots of fun.

Edited by Vlad

i did a local idpa last month with my sp101 2-1/4". i have hogue wood grips on it, a homemade FO sight, my usual carry high noon IWB holster,and i used hks loaders with two chintzy double pouches from uncle mike's. i just wanted some practice with my carry stuff, and while i shoot the gun well enough, the reloads sure are ugly!

Funny thing is, I was thinking about doing a local match like this with my 642.

Thought I was weird, Guess I was right :P .

Need more speed strips though.

Open shooters would love that, wouldn't they? :wacko:

Funny thing is, I was thinking about doing a local match like this with my 642.

Thought I was weird, Guess I was right :P .

Need more speed strips though.

Open shooters would love that, wouldn't they? :wacko:

I have a pair of rubber speed loaders for my J. Those are super fast compared to speedstrips. :lol:

While not USPSA, we had an ICORE match at Shooters that was made 5-round nuetral and it was a lot of fun. Results might still be in the forum section.

www.shootersparadise.com

Most folks used a holster. I chose to shoot a SW 340 PD .357mag like I carry it: pocket holster. The pocket works - but it surprised my how much slower it was. But I wimped out on the ammo - it was USPSA minor.