Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Definition of "Revolver Friendly"

xcount

Sorry for this thread drift but I just have to ask A while ago Bubber wrote "I have been shooting predominatly a eight shot revolver in A Open class in IPSC. " Bubber, did you earn your A Open classification with your revolver? If so, congratulations superman!

Paul

Paul, How have you been? Not much of a big deal. My good stages were the Standard drill and the Virginia count stages with head shots. I wuz younger back then. My best with the eight shot was a 81% on 99-32 another Standard type of Classifier.

Fast n Furious hasn't been posted from OKC June yet. It will be interesting to see how the winning score on the classifier from that match ranks.

Bubber beat a GM, M, 2 A's, 4 B's, et al on that classifier. Finished 5th of 11 on the match @ 75.650%. Not too shabby for a Flat Lander with a wheel gun.

Scroll down. The classifier is stage 6.

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/06scores/jun06/jun06_opn.htm

I forgot about that one. Mark Tapp was also using a R.L. eight shot and did well also. We were getting ready for the IRC. Six Shot Friendly Classifier 6 reload 6 unlike the 8 reload 8 that they have on some others. I thiink it ranks somewhere in the 64% for Open and about 80% for Revos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Bubber, very impressive! Congrats!

Margaret and I are doing fine. We got waylaid for a year and a half by a major home improvement project that has finally got out of "urgency" mode. But I'm telling ya, it's hard to get back into the swing of things. Once I got out of the habit of practicing it's been difficult to get back on a schedule of regular practice. Still, we hope to see you and everyone at the IRC next year!

Paul and Margaret

This weekend I was at a match and one of the stages had three target arrays of 4 targets each. Comstock, 8 scored shots on each array, 24 scored rounds. One array on each end of the wall, (left/right) and the center array engaged through a barrel.

One of my squad mates looked at my S&W 625, and commented, "That's not a very Revolver friendly stage, is it?"

I was able to use the definition that both Nemo and Spook used earlier in this thread: "My definition of Revolver Friendly: NO PRONE!!! That stage is OK"

Thanks guy's for the neat line. :D

BTW, it was a nicely done club match, at the Putnam County, West Virginia Gun Club.

http://www.putnam.uspsa-area5.org

I agree that any stage is Rev friendly. If they have to shoot 6 reload shoot 1 reload and shoot 6 who cares they ALL do. It really is a heads up division unlike Limited when some have 21 some have 17 some have 19 rds Etc.

Ok I'll stop posting in Rev forums and go load my 28 rd big stick. :rolleyes:

Oh wait some stages are friendly to only 29 and 30 rds big sticks. BOD here comes my call