Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Shooting A Glock In Open?

ormondopen

I'm in the process of getting a G17 and G35 together to send to John at S&J to have him build me an Open and Limited gun on the Glock platform.

I've seen a few Open glocks out there, but none compare to the S&J's!! Give John a call. He'll be happy to help answer any questions for you. You can probably build an Open glock by aquiring parts and doing self assembly a little cheaper, but from the reports on S&J you'll find on this forum and from what I've gathered from John himself, you will not get a better gun.

Watch the G34 slide for 9mm Major. I hear they crack, something to do with the mass of the slide due to length but the area near the ejection port is thinned to make the 34 slide the same weight as the 17 (or something like that) I have a home built G35 open that I built using SJC parts (built before SJC offered the "Stealth" package) Runs fine for my shooting ability and I shoot other glocks in all different competitions so the grip angle is always consistent. I may build a G17 open for steel also, we'll see.

I shot a SJC custom in the AASA Nationals this past weekend and it was just crazy fast out of the holster. It shot in the rain,heat and in the shoot offs I shot over 400 rounds in 3 hours. In the rain no less.

I had the gun for 2 weeks it won the Challenge and the shootoffs.

They are the great product. I took 2 tenths off my 1st shot on steel from surrender, The gun is 9 oz's light than my STI.