Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uncle Sam -vs- Uncle Fixsion

TDean

Assuming the number of hi-cap shooters grows, eventually there will be less and less magazines to go around.  Also assuming ATF won't allow "conversion" of say, preban sten or AR-15 mags into STI mags (this is in dispute).

From informal chats, STI, SV & co produced multiple tens of thousands of magazines before the ban (one customer ordered six thousand) and were running production lines 24x7 up until the last minute.

My guess is that the number of hicap shooters isn't growing all that fast, and as you only need 3 or 4 hicaps, since they last pretty much forever there will be 'enough' for quite a while.

I believe Mr Bane had some things to say about 'replacement' parts-- as in, y'all don't think you're getting away with it forever.  Probably individuals won't get whacked, but the mfg's might.

I'll also guess that if the ban gets extended indefinately, you'll see a lot more push for Open 10 or something.

(Edited by shred at 7:45 pm on Sep. 15, 2002)

you want to see open 10, shoot a match in hawaii, we've been doing it for 8 years due to the laws here.

if your ever at a big match, see a guy with a tan, open gun and a big stick in it. fire a few shots dump the mag, start to swear as he re-loads a fresh one in, ask him where he's from, odds are it hawaii. we just can't seem to count past 10 anymore:-)

btw if you can hear him swear, he's usually calling him self a dumb a**

Open-10,..why not?  As Robbie said, it'll bring back the lost art of reloading!

I may have seen him.  There was a Hawaiian squad behind our BE.com squad at RGNationals.  Good group of people, except that they were always stealing our shade! There was a couple Glock shooters in there too...