Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x21 Question

the duck of death

I have a chance to buy a G34 open gun in 9x21. Owner says it's easier to make major w/9x21 than 9x19. I don't see why it would be since the G mag is length restrictive.

I'd like comments.

If you're loading to the same length, it should be roughly the same. There might be some minor differences accounting for thickness of the base of the case resulting in internal volume differences, but I think you'd be almost as likely to see that in variations of different brands of brass.

Now if you're trying to load a little longer, the 9x21 will let you load a little longer and still have enough case for decent crimp.

Brass for a 9x21 is pretty expensive and you can't find it once fired so you have to buy new.

Yeah, ain't that GREAT.

Who wants some strangers used brass anyway?

LOL :P

For comparision

100 rounds of 9x21 brass for a local match (none recovered, cause I'm too lazy to pick it up) costs $11.57 <_<

The gas to get there (180 miles round trip @ 17MPG @ $3 PG) in my SUV costs $31.76 :(

I guess I don't shoot enough to care about the price of brass

Go for the 9X21! (what else would I say?)

besides, It really makes everyone else mad when they reload it by mistake!

Edited by 9x21

For the longest time they had PMC brass in 9X21 for $60 per 1000 shipped. I don't see

that on the site anymore though.

Joe W.

umm, guess who? and it was $ $40 per K new PMC

:wub:

I think Brassman thought they had acquired somethng that would sit on the shelf for a while. Then the 9x21 shooter came out of the woodwork. After Azone brought it to my attention, I was able to buy 20k (in 5 k lots) at the $40 price. Shortly thereafter the price jumped to $60/k and finally off the list.

With PMC out of the market, that leaves Starline for 9x21 brass, if they continue to make it. Since I already have over 60,000 rounds through this gun, wiWith 20k of PMC brass in the reloading room, I will probably need a new barrel before I run out of brass.

Bill