Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlanta Arms And Ammo

dsb45acp

Due to time constraints, I simply do not have time to reload for practice or competition. Everything I've read and searched on the forum says that Atlanta Arms and Ammo makes a good quality product at a reasonable price, but the info on their web site is minimal. I am looking for any info I can find from fellow BE'rs regarding ammo reliability, power factor, price, turn around time on orders, shipping, etc. The load would be 40 S&W major PF. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.

I have used thier ammo in the past. 2K rounds of 38 Super. excellent ammo, no feeding or functioning problems. Can't say what the PF was as I used it for practice. I assume it was good since it was overrun of the ammo they produced for the Army Marksmanship Unit.

Website is minimal but call the number. Good folks and excellent to work with. tell them what you want and they can hook you up.

BTW> The 38Super was using NEW starline brass and Zero JHP bullets.

Steven

Email Danny at Atlanta Arms . He will send price list and answer your questions. Thanks for the thread. It reminded me to order my case for the Nationals.

Jim

Atlanta Arms ammo comes in 2 varieties:

-Black box - new components, meets power factor and it is outstanding quality for good price.

-Blue Box commercial reloads. Not bad usually - but it might not meet power factor in .40 in YOUR gun. That is a simple reality of having to deal with re-cycled .40 brass as EVERY commercial reloader MUST. Just make sure you chrono it before you head to a big match.

If anyone bad-mouths Atlanta, then ask them which variety they were using, since they will probably leave that detail out.

Atlanta or Delta precision are your best options for USPSA.

I use to work at an indoor shooting range that sold A LOT of AA ammo. I would tell people all the time its higher quality than WWB or any other target load out there. I took a trip from Richmond VA down to see AA's shop it was great to meet Danny and all of his people were super nice. I would have missed the place had someone not told me to look for the big red barn. I never chronoed any of AA's ammo but I have shot TONS of the blue box and saw almost no flaws in their ammo in 3 years of selling it. GREAT STUFF.