Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practice Eq To Get

standles

Folks:

I have funds to purchase a set of 5 steel plates and stands or a plate rack. Which do you consider more beneficial to practice?

The range I shoot at is 1.5 hours away. I cannot leave anything at the range so I will be toting it back and forth.

Suggestions on other equipment better than these two gladly acepted.

In short I am tired of packing and taping targets :)

Steven

5 stands can be lined up to resemble a plate rack. A plate rack can't be broken down to resemble different presentations.

Plates are always evenly spaced and only require what I like to call 'muzzle nudge' transitions. And, all the targets are at the same distance. Variety is limited.

I love shooting the rack, lots to be learned. But, if I could only have one, it would be that which gives me the most options.

Plus, it might be easier to haul/handle separate plates and stands than it is a whole plate rack.

- my $ 0.02

In short I am tired of packing and taping targets :)

+2, though I might add that you want to be careful not to fall into the trap of listening for the hits instead of seeing what you need to see when the shot breaks.

<_< I have set up Alot of steel = I have only mover our plate rack ...maybe 10 times. In 14 years :blink: the rack will hurt you moving it and it can fall on you when you try to get it out of your truck. Plan on any thing that you can not move by your self is not so good.

• 1 month later...

You can get 8" circles from MGM for $41 a piece and some 2' or 3' long stands (steel rod withe a small platform on top for the targets).

You could have someone local make the stands for you.

That would fit in a trunk easy I would think.

FM