Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SAFARILAND 012 Holster

Chris40

I am going  to be getting a Safariland Model 012 holster for a STI what do I need to do to make the gun fit. Note: May need slight "modification" for the STI Edge. This was on the holster page I have a  Patriot from Dawson.

Thanks Chris

I had one and adjusted it to an Edge-like STI before I sold it. Just move the muzzle piece up. I can't remember if I had to swap out a trigger guard shim, I think so. But nothing as far as trimming or grinding if that's what you're thinking.

Nice holster, BTW.

On that "Patriot" ... what country's flag is represented by the red, white, and purple. :)

Chris40,

I'm not sure what a "Patriot" is, but I sent an email to Scott Carnahan of Safariland on using a STI Edge in a 012, and he said:

Guys,

Remove the tab behind the trigger block. Needs to be removed for the thicker

trigger guard. Also, if it has a full length dust cover, loosen and raise

the nose piece. Check the user guide.

SC

To those that use the 012,

I was wondering how securely it locks a STI frame in place. I have a friend who has an 011, and the STI is not locked securely, while his singlestack is held like a bank vault.

If locks tight I think the 012 is going to be my new holster!

Thanks,

Ray C. :)

Yeah that's it, there's a shim in the side you remove to fit S_I trigger guards. It's in the instructions.

All I did was adjust it for a Limited gun, I didn't use it in any matches or practice, but the 012 seemed noticeably more secure than the 011.

I just got me 012 tweaked PERFEC for STI (open gun).

But it wasn't easy....

Trigger guard shim out, left-inner side of body trimmed down because my scope mount was hitting just a hair, and nose piece widened.  The great thing about the nose piece is that if alignment is not perfect, or the slot is too thin, it's just black delrin so machining/cutting/carving....however you do it, is easy and there is no finish to screw up.  And I need that nose piece, if only for some strange peace of mind....I can't deal with my gun hanging there by the trigger guard....

Yep I have a 011 for my Para and the fit was good but I did not like to fit with the STI. I should be getting it Monday I need to get it tweaked as BrianH said I will be shooting in the LA Section Championship in Nov 2&3. I just do not want my gun to hit the ground.

Again Thanks for the info guys

My 012 locks up my STI fine.  What don't like at all is absence of a failsafe locking lever like on the Limcats.  Because of that, I always bag my gun between stages over fear of dumping it.  

E

I have an 012 I use with my SV limited, ext'd dustcover (basically the same grip as SV).  The gun locks in the 012 like it was made for it, no mods.  It was, though, a bit tight at the begininng, but now, it is great.  Like they were made for each other (duh).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...