Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do I Remove The Front Sight On My 627?

gobabygo

So it dawned on my the other day, that since I had my barrel ported on my open revo, I clearly don't need my front sight any more (at the time the front sight was cutting into my skin while I was wrestling with my gun to take off my grip).

So is there a trick to it? I punched the pin out, and I've already made the sight look... unsightly, but I just can't figure out how to get it out. I haven't completely destroyed the sight yet, but I suppose I might as well at this point. I have the 627 in 38 super if that matters.

Thanks.

So it dawned on my the other day, that since I had my barrel ported on my open revo, I clearly don't need my front sight any more (at the time the front sight was cutting into my skin while I was wrestling with my gun to take off my grip).

So is there a trick to it? I punched the pin out, and I've already made the sight look... unsightly, but I just can't figure out how to get it out. I haven't completely destroyed the sight yet, but I suppose I might as well at this point. I have the 627 in 38 super if that matters.

Thanks.

I pushed the pin out, then used a brass bar to tap the sight out from the rear forwards. I then milled the raised part where the sight sat flat with to the top barrel and drilled some holes through the barrel. See Here

Heh, 2 conflicting answers. One saying to push forward and one to push backwards.

I'm 99.9% sure that this sight isn't spring loaded. I've done searches and I think the ones that are spring loaded, have a hole in the front, which this one does not have.

8shooter, you clearly have the same gun, but I don't see any way to push the sight straight out forwards. Any chance there's an exploded view of the gun/front sight area out there anywhere?

Not the best picture, but here's the gun with the best pic of the front sight for a general idea:

627L2.jpg

Edited by gobabygo

Heh, 2 conflicting answers. One saying to push forward and one to push backwards.

I'm 99.9% sure that this sight isn't spring loaded. I've done searches and I think the ones that are spring loaded, have a hole in the front, which this one does not have.

8shooter, you clearly have the same gun, but I don't see any way to push the sight straight out forwards. Any chance there's an exploded view of the gun/front sight area out there anywhere?

Not the best picture, but here's the gun with the best pic of the front sight for a general idea:

627L2.jpg

Who makes those grips? They look sweet, nice overall looking pistola ya got there.

Who makes those grips? They look sweet, nice overall looking pistola ya got there.

They are Hogue Big Butt grips. Pat put a cool basketweave checkering on them for me.

gobabygo, here's a link for you

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...EAD+FRONT+SIGHT

your sight is the one on the right. once the pin is out, the you should be able to tap it either direction.

Excellent, thank you very much. I guess 8shooter and Jax were both right. :)

You are right Sir!

The Classic Front Sight has a hole from the front and the pin is in the forward 1/3. It retains the plunger & spring after the sight is removed.

The regular sights have the pin towards the middle.

Use a Roll Pin Punch and knock it out, then the sight will lift up and out.

A way I've seen it done with a tight sight blade is to clamp the blade in a vise with the gun upside down, and use the gun itself as a lever - holding the grip, rotate the gun using the sight as the pivot point.