Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To This Forum

mc223

Hello all, I just found the site. Great place you got here.

I shot some IPSC matches a few years ago in Colorado, but have since moved to an area that does not seem to know much about IPSC, without a fairly long drive.

I still have my old Colt 38 super, open gun. I would like to get back into the sport, but can't seem to find any ranges within about 100 miles or so of where I live in Wisconsin. I'm about halfway between St, Paul MN and Superior WI. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

You can go to USPSA.org web site and go to your area (Area 5). There should be a listing of clubs in your area.

Area5

Thanks for the Info. The closest clubs in area 5 are more than 200 miles away. Could I shoot in area 3? I live in area 5, but there are closer clubs in area 3.

MC223,

Hello and welcome to the BE. forums, yep we think it is kind of nice too! :) There are all kinds of "Special" people here ;)

To answer your question.

Yes, you can shoot in Area-3, or any other USPSA match any where. They are all run based on the same rules(That is what makes this sport so great). You may shoot club level matches without being a member of USPSA, but to shoot a state championship or some other matches similar to that and bigger you must be a member of USPSA (Just ask at the club you go shoot for more info).

Glad to have you back with us, have fun and shoot safe.

Hopalong

Welcome back...

I too returned after a long break. (17 years)

I still had my old Major 9 but the division changed so much it was outdated. (me too)

We drive nearly 100 miles to shoot at our club. (2 hour drive)

But it sure is worth it!

I'm sooooo glad to be back.

~Nanci~

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have a bit of refreshing to do and some dust to knock off. Me included. There is probably enough info on this site to keep me busy for a while just catching up. The Gopher range in Harris MN is a little less than an hour from home. Hope to see yall there.

Comment of experience: The IPSC/USPSA comunitys contain the friendliest, most knowledgeable and genorous mix of people I have ever been associated with.

Also wanted to add that back when I was even more of a novice, I had the pleasure of shooting on a squad with Ron Avery. I was so humbled, but still tried to emulate. His critique and encouragement served to increase my focus and as a result I shot the best match in my very short time of competition.

Edited by mc223

Try Gopher Rifle and Revolver club near Harris MN. They have a weeknight league that runs on Monday nights starting May 14. They should also have a points match at some point during the summer. If you have the time this weekend at http://www.mnmapsa.com there is the years first points match, so there should be lots of shooters present. It is near Elk River. Also try this http://www.calendar.yahoo.com/mnsection for other dates in Mn and Wis. Gopher doesn't have a web site so it will come up as GRRC when you look for it on the calendar. Hope to see you. V