Micah's Range Diary

Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cleaned out some stuff that didn't have anything to do with my quest to become a better shooter...

4-15-18

-df

-wo

I found out today that No Child Left Behind just added an additional 10 weeks onto my Masters program...and although I was rather upset at first, I reflected on the wise words of Enos, Seevers, and Keen..."just see", "Do what it takes, or quit".

It will all be worth it to get paid to shoot in the summer :)

3 days from now I join the skies with Chris, Bill and Co. to Atlanta. I have pretty much done all that I can do during the "off" season to get caught up to the staunch order that is shooting Master at an Area. My best performance is already laid out...whether or not it is enough is yet to be determined.

Against the advise of Saul Kirsch, I have literally trained every day since my last major match in September. If that was not enough to win, I will know that it simply was not enough, and continue to train until it becomes sufficient. Once said sufficiency is adequate, I will set my sights on higher ground.

Yeh, here are the other two. The last movie is the stage that most people told me ruined their match. I didn't have a problem with it at all though.

Area 6 was an excellent match, and I had a great time seeing old friends and finally meeting others fac-a-fac. Although I did not have the kind of performance that I knew I was capable of, I gladly take what I have learned and prepare for the next one. You can't win in this sport if you can't lose (thanks Bill).

Man, it was just so damn cool to see so many great people at this match, I won't even try and name them all, but it was awesome to see you cats again.

th_2008Area6-FastMovers.jpg

th_2008Area6-FieldofSteel.jpg

True that! Tony's a great cat. He invited us to come down and shoot some matches with him in Tenn. :)

Oh now I'm pissed....you wait until I see that sucker next time. I'll push his ass out the plane....with out his ranger poncho!

4-25-08

Since I got back from Area 6, I have taken the week off from dryfiring and jogging to catch up with work/school stuff, as well as reflect on my performance and the matches to come. Even though there is one or two matches this weekend within a 3 hour radius, I'm just going to relax at home, play some Wii with the wife, and recharge.

Come Monday I'll be back at it ;)

4-25-08

Since I got back from Area 6, I have taken the week off from dryfiring and jogging to catch up with work/school stuff, as well as reflect on my performance and the matches to come. Even though there is one or two matches this weekend within a 3 hour radius, I'm just going to relax at home, play some Wii with the wife, and recharge.

Come Monday I'll be back at it ;)

no rest for the wicked.....says Guile

Edited by steel1212

• 2 weeks later...

5/03/08

-MATCH!

I have been spending the past two weeks since Area 6 in reflection and analysis of my game. Dryfire and cardio are in there, but more importantly I am pondering what the next step is in winning. Many thanks to those that have assisted me in this process.

Today was a dark and stormy Saturday, but an excellent day for shooting! I spent the morning with my best friends poking holes in paper and having a great time :) I had a great match today, and would especially like to thank J Conrad for putting on a Prod challenging match for us today. Two of the stages required perfection on the steel, or you incurred the dreaded unneeded reload.

th_05-03-08S1.jpg

th_05-03-08S2.jpg

th_05-03-08S3.jpg

th_05-03-08S4.jpg