Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

3/3/08

-the cardio thing

-the dryfire thing

-the Monday night match thing!

So I've been spending alot more time in the dojo working out new drills, particularly one step reloads, tight angles, and shooting the moment I set up in a new position. The new drills have a great flow, and keep my interests as it's something other than the standard practice session.

I didn't have lecture tonight, so I scampered off to the Mburg Monday shoot. Robert B (Sunuva) did an excellent job creating the stages. I'm happy with how I preformed, but the main thing that showed in the video is trigger freeze. I thought I was over that, but apparently I have a little ways to go. I am very pleased about having a TON of A's and only two D's.

Limited Minor ROCKS!!1! (at the club level ;) ) I'm curious to see how that shakes out in the overall results. I'll post that when they come out.

I'm the MD for this months Miamisburg USPSA match this Sunday, so I'll be sure to get some livefire practice in on Saturday after setup.

th_03-03-08S1.jpg

th_03-03-08S2.jpg

th_03-03-08S3.jpg

Did I mention how happy I was to be shooting bullets today? I envy you cats that live in dry/hot country!

Nice shirt!! :cheers:

And hey, don't hate us down here in dry and warm country. 80 degrees Saturday. A freaking honest to God blizzard going on right now.

:blink:

Thanks! Obviously that's the Z man's handywork.

Apparently Dayton is in for another winter storm...I am listening to it buzz by as I type this.

Surely the warm regions of the United States need two more educators ;)

• 3 weeks later...

3/21/08

-cardio

-dryfire

-livefire

A great first day of spring break! Getting up at 6a, I hit the ground running with a work out and an extended dryfire session. I'm adding on more barricade and movement drills...and the dryfire is turning into a cardio workout in itself. After paying my first ticket in 6 years, I gave Sunuva a jingle and we spent the afternoon at the range.

Livefire felt damn good today. It's been too long. I'm down to my last three 50 cal ammo cans of ammo, so I gave Precision a jingle, and I should have 9000 bullets at my doorstep in the next three weeks. (Thank you G.W. Bush!!)

I finally decided to cut some weight, and I'm happy to say that I'm down ten. I have a specific weight goal to attain before I hop on the plane to Area 6, and there is no doubt that I will achieve it. Digging down to my 3-a-day roots of football, I plan on spending my week away from my high school cherubs working out, dryfiring, and focusing on Atlanta.

3/26/08

-dryfire

-cardio

-livefire

Another stellar day for shooting! After some serious cardio and dryfiring, I had the opportunity to do a little shooting with Chris. If the weather holds out, I'll see if I cannot get a little more livefire in tomorrow.

2 other good things came up today: My grades from hell quarter came in, and I'm still at 4.0, and I've dropped 12 lbs, which puts me on track for my Area 6 weight goal.

Yeah .................. what she said :rolleyes:

Did he actually 'fess up to what he did??!

Ya know, I didn't really have a great match this past Sunday, so I saw no need to dwell there.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the warm weather has hit Ohio, and I celebrated by shooting two matches this weekend. Saturday was Circleville. I felt that I shot well...my splits and transitions are dramatically better than they were in October...yet are not where they need to be quite yet. The fact of the matter is that I feel that I have hit a plateau with dryfire. I will, of course, continue to dryfire daily, but I really need to go to the range more often and just shoot. The dryfire will continually increase my draws, movement, reloads, etc.

I need to get to the range more. I've got 15,000 bullets coming my way in the next two weeks, and I will MAKE time to improve. I'm not dogging myself (I did plenty of that today after the match...big thanks to Chris and Bill for helping me pull my head out of my ass), rather I know what needs to be done.

Onto the video. These four clips are from the Circleville match on Saturday:

th_DSCN1633.jpg

th_4-3-08S2.jpg

th_4-03-08S3.jpg

th_4-03-08S4.jpg

These next three are from the match today at Oxford. I am particularly pleased with a strong handed stage that didn't get filmed...5 poppers, 3 paper, all strong hand. Shoot it clean and avoid the reload. I did just that.

th_4-06-08S1.jpg

th_4-06-08S2.jpg

th_4-06-08S4.jpg

I am also pleased that I can visibly see the fruits of my dieting.

Area 6 is less than two weeks away, and I look forward to the opportunity to grow and learn in my shooting.

WOW Micah, those vid's look GREAT@!! Who's your camera man ?!?

Just kidding, your shooting looks more solid every day man. Keep up the good work. I know you will do well in Hot-lanta. B)

PS That was 5 poppers on the W/H/Free stages, making 11 rounds thus the dilema of shooting it clean for you Prod. shooters.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

WOW Micah, those vid's look GREAT@!! Who's your camera man ?!?

Just kidding, your shooting looks more solid every day man. Keep up the good work. I know you will do well in Hot-lanta. B)

Thanks brother, I appreciate it...and the killer video that you took today! :)

4-13-08

-match

A cold rainy Sunday, we shot El Prez outdoors and had 4 others stages indoors (equally cold!)

I did alot of shooting on Saturday with Chris...working on hammer time, distance head shots, and plates. I feel very good about my level of preparedness for Area 6. Big thanks to Chris for taking video of me today, AND getting the results of the match out less than two hours after the match was over!

th_4-13-08S1.jpg

th_4-13-08S2.jpg

th_4-13-08S3.jpg

th_4-13-08S4.jpg

4-14-08

-cardio

-dryfire

-Monday match

Class let out just early enough for me to zip over and shoot the Mburg Monday match. I cannot express how much gratitude I have for Robert Brandt (sunuva) for doing an absolutely AMAZING job week after week designing new and challenging COF's. Thank you brother.

I shot very well, and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to do so much livefire before Area 6. I'll clean my gun one last time and see the shooting in my mind all day, and on the backs of my eyelids all night.

th_4-16-08S1.jpg

th_4-16-08S2.jpg

th_4-16-08S3.jpg

And thank you pas44 for taking such good video!