Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vote For The Worst

Fireant

Since somone put it in the what I like, I thought I'd put it here. If you don't like the show fine, if you don't like the talent fine, but don't organize people to vote for the worst to "show them." If you can organize a following for something, why not make it for a good cause instead of crap like this?

uh,

ok, what are we talking about?

No link, no pic, nothing posted except that you're pissed.

The title is Vote for the Worst, a web-site promoted by Howard Stern that encourages people to call into American Idol and vote for the worst performer (currently Sanjaya) at the expense of other competitors that have more talent and are more deserving of the win.

Technically it is interfering with a legitimate business and a case could be made by those voted off that they were harmed by this plot.

Sad to admit that I actually watch this show... it's like a bad car wreck, I don't want to look but I just can't help myself :unsure:

There was even a news feature recently on how the Internet has become the setting for a lot of personal and public BASHING of others. Gratuitous hate 'n cruelty, if you will. Again, it may be an exploitation of human nature AND the relative anonymity of the Internet that engenders this kind of crap. Either way, if something allows for bringing out the worst in us--it will.

I'm afraid the Internet is now just such an arena. :angry:

There was even a news feature recently on how the Internet has become the setting for a lot of personal and public BASHING of others. Gratuitous hate 'n cruelty, if you will. Again, it may be an exploitation of human nature AND the relative anonymity of the Internet that engenders this kind of crap. Either way, if something allows for bringing out the worst in us--it will.

I'm afraid the Internet is now just such an arena. :angry:

I'm afraid that you are right. :(

dj

I think Howard and his fellow twits would be a non-factor if they changed the process from "vote for who you like" to "vote for who you want to go".

Unless they get voted out, everyone who survives receives the same treatment, so it's not like the most popular gets anything for it.

I have zero interest in this show and do understand about interfering with the show but when you let the public vote then you are volunatrily opening yourself up to this. So IMHO you have to take the good with the bad. There is no way anyone can regulate this so either change the way you do things or deal with it.

Neal in AZ