Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's my attitude...

Ron Ankeny

I was just looking at my classifier scores for my new Open gun. The scores are kind of interesting. I shot a four classifier special and I really wanted to see what my "on demand" ability is. I remember being tense and way too uptight. All of the scores came back as B class stuff.

I shot the same pistol at a match on my birthday. I didn't have a care in the world and folks were joking with me all day about getting closer to senior division. I was loose and was just having fun. The classifier came back at 81 per cent and I didn't even "try" or care.

At the last match the whole squad was having a lot of fun. The RO was teasing me about my blaster, turning the sight on, stopping to put plugs under the muffs, etc. I was loose and just shooting for fun. I totally flubbed the draw...but the classifier (a 6 shot speed shoot) still came back a a class above my current level.

I am getting in my own way...

IPSC Chick, You can have one too!

I have a lot of theories, on why women aren't at the top of the game in shooting sports.

Number one, is that in many of the mens cases their ego pushes them to improve, and in the other, they tend to not bring women into competition because it would bruise their ego to be beaten by a lady.

lastly, men always want more, food sex, guns, cars, etc, we are NEVER satisfied with what we have. its the nature of our being. which i believe also causes some unhappiness, and is one of the many reasons women live longer, Women on the other hand, as long as their needs are met, want more, but don't crave it as men do, and are happier because of it...

me, i want my GM card i want i want i want. well, i want to be that good, not just have it

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes a perceived fine line of difference between "wants" and "needs"....

I 'need' food and clothing.

I 'want' guns and ammo.

I frankly get BOTH (and then some) because I apply the same amount of energy to obtaining each and refuse to be "satisfied" with less than what I think I deserve or what I need/want. It's all the same to me. The older I get the less willing I am to do without--for whatever reason. Life is too short, dammit.

Live long and prosper. And go get the hell whatever it is you need OR want. It's all out there!

RA--

My grandfather told me one day (I was just 12 at the time, but recall it vividly), "Life is too short!..."

What he sorta meant was that I shouldn't go getting myself into trouble or do things that will interfere with the general life flow because, frankly, there wasn't much flow time to mess with. But the really astounding thing at the time was--even at the tender age of 12--I understood exactly what he meant. And still do!!

Live (in the) now or forever regret your lost years.

PS--The "Golden Years" (who the hell invented that term?!) are only golden if you're in perfect health. It's a quality-of-life thing.