Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Cz Ts 2.5 Basepads From Taylor Freelance Pics

ogiebb

ok its out...i should be getting mine next week and ill just have to try them out...big thanks to Robin Taylor for Making these for us CZ TS shooters...(we really dont get that much after market parts for our guns)

oh yeah i dont work for Robin i just enjoy his products.... : )

here 's an email from Robin....

Hey guys,

Many of you have been patiently asking after the new version of our CZ +2.5 floorplate. The waiting is over!

If you had orders pending, you should have recieved a "shipped" notice earlier today.

A big public thank you goes to August Balagtas and Matt Mink. This new version of the floorplate incorporates several people's suggestions, with Matt and August being the primary contributors.

Collectively, you asked for:

1. Positive forward pressure on the magazine.

2. Stonger materials, to solve occasional cracking at the top.

3. Relief cuts to help accommodate the new TS magwell.

4. Black (I asked several of you what color you'd prefer).

I believe I've managed 3.5 out of 4.

I dealt with the interference issues with the new TS magwell using August's modified floorplates as a guide, but I admit I'm guessing off of his dremel work. (He thinned part of the top surface by 15 to ~25 thou, so I thinned the whole thing by 20.) Guessing, you may still see some interference to either side of the retaining plate (see photos), and if you do, tell me. We'll fix it going forward. I can't test these on a TS gun (there aren't any for sale locally) so PLEASE TELL ME if you run into any problems. (Mike, have you got a TS? I'll drive up and visit if you do!)

Background: This is actually version 4.1 of the floorplate. If you guys report back a problem, we'll go to 4.2.

Request For Forwarding:

My main computer's hard drive crashed last week, taking with it most of your e-mail (including everything I had from Matt!). Since your orders hadn't been processed, I was able to get most of your e-mail addresses off the server. If someone could forward this on to Matt Mink, I'd appreciate it.

I'm excited to hear how they run!

Robin Taylor

Taylor Freelance, LLC

cz.jpg

czbase.jpg

Edited by ogiebb

Got my new CZ 2.5 basepad last night. Easily loaded up 19 rounds with factory spring/follower and left out the retaining plate. I had to run the file for a few passes on each back corner of the pad to get the mag to seat correctly with my aftermarket mag well.

Got my new CZ 2.5 basepad last night. Easily loaded up 19 rounds with factory spring/follower and left out the retaining plate. I had to run the file for a few passes on each back corner of the pad to get the mag to seat correctly with my aftermarket mag well.

Any chance you can provide photos of how much material you removed from the back corners of the basepad and which magwell you are using?

Any chance you can provide photos of how much material you removed from the back corners of the basepad and which magwell you are using?

Pardon the blurry image, it looked good on the camera screen...

P3300002.jpg

P3300001.jpg

P3300008.jpg

I hope you can see I filed a small amount off each back corner of the pad. There were no problems with the locking tab interfering with the magazine locking in place, only those back corners.

Actually, a bigger radius on that top edge would cure the small amount of interference, I filed off more than really needed to be removed.

ha just beat me to it....

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

ok for you hopefuls to get 20 rounds reliable im playing around with one of the aluminum pads and it looks like its the Ticket ..(of course ill try it out on the next match to see if it works.... :D ...i sent my modified pads to Robin and he actually thinned down the rear inner wall of the pads where the spring's 3rd coil binds and causes reliability issues

also in this set up you must use the X long springs that CZ usa sells ...ill post the results the next time i get to a range

August

Hey Guys,

Thanks to Greg Garland for helping me find this thread in the BEForum labyrinth.

Mike Miller came to my place a couple of days ago with his brand-new TS in hand. Based on your comments, and his gun, I went through and adjusted all of our stock to get along with the TS magwell. (Now that they fit right, Mike took four of 'em.)

The 4.1's are going fast, and I'll be talking with my machinist next week about the 4.2 build. I'm shooting for relief cuts that make the floorplate get along with the TS magwell (finally), and a second cut that should make the floorplate easier to disassemble.

Playing with Mike Miller's TS mags, we're getting 19 rounds with a little "squish," same with the IPSC standard mags.

Anybody getting 20? (I talked to one person earlier today that was able to force 20, but had various problems.)

If you can get a reliable 20, obviously I'm open to suggestion!

Robin Taylor

Taylor Freelance, LLC

www.taylorfreelance.com

i have a 20 round mag right now... so far so good has not given me any headaches yet ,but i did have to modify my followers and a little more trimming in the base pad the new aluminum ones are totally much better than delrin :D

i have a 20 round mag right now... so far so good has not given me any headaches yet ,but i did have to modify my followers and a little more trimming in the base pad the new aluminum ones are totally much better than delrin :D

I was able to load 20 (with no follower mods), but the spring I have in the mag is a little weak for the job of reliably pushing 20 rounds. With 19 loaded it runs, for the moment. Time to try out some new springs...

I was able to load 20 (with no follower mods), but the spring I have in the mag is a little weak for the job of reliably pushing 20 rounds. With 19 loaded it runs, for the moment. Time to try out some new springs...

at 1 time i was able to load up 21 rounds and it worked great for 2 matches until the spring crapped up on me :wacko: ...now i just load 19 just not to screw up the springs but when i really need 20 for that special stage i can do it also.. but you have to use the extra long springs that CZ usa sells

at 1 time i was able to load up 21 rounds and it worked great for 2 matches until the spring crapped up on me :wacko: ...now i just load 19 just not to screw up the springs but when i really need 20 for that special stage i can do it also.. but you have to use the extra long springs that CZ usa sells

Which CZ springs are you talking about? Are they on the CZ-USA website?

I was using the Glock springs that Robin suggests, but they are not wide enough and have a tendency to bind badly in the mag tubes. Those springs were a complete waste of money. The stock springs are too light and cause feeding problems. Angus Hobdell recommended some Grams 1911 springs, but I have my doubts.

Has anyone found anything that works?

I was using the Glock springs that Robin suggests, but they are not wide enough and have a tendency to bind badly in the mag tubes. Those springs were a complete waste of money. The stock springs are too light and cause feeding problems. Angus Hobdell recommended some Grams 1911 springs, but I have my doubts.

I spoke to Bevin Grams earlier this week and I have one of his S_I 9mm 140 spring/follower kits on the way. These are what open major 9 gun would use, Grams # FKS9-11. Be advised the slide will most likely not lock back.

I also had an email from Angus, and he is prototyping a spring for TS mags with extended basepads.

Edited by Middle Man

they are NOT on the CZUSA website....if you call CZ usa look for Adam or CJ and ask to buy some xtra long CZ tac sport springs.(they are of slightly darker color).. i have used the glock mags and the stock springs and they both crapped out on me in this type of mag...i have also tried springs for a S-I they are just way too much work on when bending the springs to fit the follower...but hey thats just me :D

Edited by ogiebb

:)

Does anyone know if these new base pads will fit the TZ type mags

caspian is going to sell, I get TZ mags from EAA and was using CPMI

base pads out of brownells but they arent available right now.

I had been using the CPMI pads swith some mods and they work

well in my Caspian 40's.

Mr: Mink do you know if these pads will go with the TZ type mags.

Jim Anglin

Sailors ;)

:)

Does anyone know if these new base pads will fit the TZ type mags

caspian is going to sell, I get TZ mags from EAA and was using CPMI

base pads out of brownells but they arent available right now.

I had been using the CPMI pads swith some mods and they work

well in my Caspian 40's.

Mr: Mink do you know if these pads will go with the TZ type mags.

Jim Anglin

Sailors ;)

You can buy cpmi basepads direct from cpmi's website. :)

Pardon the blurry image, it looked good on the camera screen...

P3300002.jpg

P3300001.jpg

P3300008.jpg

I hope you can see I filed a small amount off each back corner of the pad. There were no problems with the locking tab interfering with the magazine locking in place, only those back corners.

Actually, a bigger radius on that top edge would cure the small amount of interference, I filed off more than really needed to be removed.

If you don't mind be asking where did you get those red aluminum grips?

Thanks.

If you don't mind be asking where did you get those red aluminum grips?

Thanks.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry543985

Those were leftover samples the machine shop (Jardin Custom, I think in Czech Republic) sent to Angus a while back (same as Stuart's blue grips). Angus is stocking the non anodized grips and magazine wells.

Henry Ford would approve :D.

I spoke to Bevin Grams earlier this week and I have one of his S_I 9mm 140 spring/follower kits on the way. These are what open major 9 gun would use, Grams # FKS9-11. Be advised the slide will most likely not lock back.

Experiment

Grams # FKS9-11 kit in a CZ TS .40 with Taylor Freelance 2.5 Basepad

Result

21 rounds. No retainer plate. Slide even locks back!

Summary

So the Grams FKS9-11 arrived and I installed the spring/follower kit in my TS mag with a TF 2.5 basepad (I left out the retainer plate). In short, it worked like a charm. The follower looks odd sitting in the empty mag and it looks even stranger when you load one round and it assumes what I can only term as a "10 & 2" position. However, the Grams follower is securely attached to the spring and I'm not too concerned with it doing anything funny. I was only able to load and hand cycle my CZ. Having run it by hand a few times, as well as, loading and unloading the magazine, spring, follower, base combo I am confident in the setup.

A mag with 21 rounds will not reload at speed. It'll be my starter mag, it's a tight fit under the mag catch with the new spring. The setup loaded with 20 should reload well, but I did not think to try that.

Edited by Middle Man