Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Bought A Super 1050 From Brian.

I've been lurking on Brian's site for a couple years soakin in all the great info. you guys provide. About a month ago, I felt the need for a Super 1050 in 45 ACP. I currently have a 650 that I have been using to load 45 acp and 223. I guess I'm a bit lazy because I hate to do a caliber change. I shoot enough of both calibers that I was changing out more than I like. To make a long story short, I have been agonizing over whether to get another 650 or the 1050.

Well, I went to bed tonight. I woke up about an hour ago and before I knew it, I had ordered the 1050. It is a lot of money, but based on what everyone says about the 1050 I won't regret it. Will I???? ;):D:D:D

You won't regret it one bit. You'll like the 1050 so much that I'll bet you'll think about a caliber conversion so you can load both the .45 and the 223 on it.

I started on the 650 then got a 1050. I then got 2 additional caliber conversions for the 1050. Then I got another 1050 so I could load up my 2 most used calibers without having to change it over.

Congrats.

Don't even think about it.....Just order up the KISS while the credit card is still hot. After getting mine, I could not even imagine getting a 650 or 1050 without it.

Not to mention a .223 version is in the works. :D

Smokshwn,

Are you seeing your production almost double?

Pretty much. I run a 650 and it is no problem to load 1k rounds in around 50 minutes. It actually takes more time to keep the primer tube full every hundred pulls. :P

BTW I have only loaded about 4k rds with the KISS however in that many rounds I have not had a single hiccup with the bulletfeeder. Also you become so consistent with your loading speed/timing that ammo quality improves as well.

I think a lot of it will depend on whether you're running a compressed load or not. If you have a lot of room (ie: shooting titegroup,) in the case, you can let the shellplate index as fast as it'll go without slinging powder all over the place.

If you're shooting a compressed load, then I don't see much of an advantage as I usually slow the shellplate index with my finger that's holding the bullet anyway.

Chmerr,

Congrats! That makes three that I know of that Brian has sold this week. Yeah, better get those bullets coming. I have been ordering 5k at a time, think I'll make that 10k from now on. You getting the KISS to go along with the 1050?

Count me in as one of those who bought a 1050 from Brian this week. Already have the KISS and RF100, and all kinds of brass and bullets just waiting to be introduced to each other. ;)

Edited by nhglyn

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just ran my first batch of 45 ACP through the new 1050. All I can say is WOW!!!! I had questioned whether the 1050 was noticeably faster and smoother than my 650. For all those wondering, the answer is yes. I pushed out 1000 rounds in about an hour. That was including a couple hicups. I also use a Dillon Rf 100. I usually put out about 800 on the 650 in that amount of time.

I can only imagine what this machine can do with a KISS bullet feeder attached. Only problems have been the casefeeder. Cases not fully seated in the shell plate. Happend about 5 times out of 1000. Once I knew what to look for, no problem.

For anyone on the fence about upgrading to a 1050. Do it!! I brewed over whether to do it for 3 months. Wasted time! I promise you will not be sorry.

I'd be interested to hear from the other folks that purchased one recently.

I've been running a beat up old 1050 since the year they came out. I can't imagine life without it... I can't do .223 on it but I have the toolheads for 9mm, 38Super, 40, and 45.

Hornady 1 shot lube made life even better. I used the messy Dillon lube and that was OK by the 1 shot is deluxe!

I bought that 1050 back when I made about $15,000 a year. I struggled to get it but it was every penny!!!

Upgrading from a 550 with casefeeder to a 1050 is like seeing light for the first time. I think I may actually load more bullets than I need now. All of you thinking of getting another gun should put the money in a 1050! I may just sell off a couple of guns I don't need and get another one to load rifle.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.