Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draw One Shot, Reload, One Shot On 10 Yards Popper

Rosshooting

Haven't done it in Production for a very long time....last time was around 1.65.

Wow it's quite amazing! Probably draw and first shot at about .80 and reload approximately the same time! Cool!

production reload for .80 sounds pretty far from me ;)

my best is about a second

In dry fire, at the 5y lampshade, I used to work this down to 1.55

There, the race holster did help. (non-magwell Glock)

It was really easy to tell, at that speed, if I was paying attention to what I needed to or not. If I didn't see the mag chute, to locate it, then I'd never get a good reload. And, it's really easy to get sloppy on the sights and cheat [yourself] there.

It really enforced...in my mind...that I needed to stick with my vision. I needed to see my visual cues for the drill to be a success for me.

Live fire at 2.0 sounds like a winner to me. I'd probably start closer to 8y and set the par time at something that allowed me to meet it comfortably for 5 runs in a row. (If I could't do an easy 5 in a row, then I'd increase the starting par time.) Then, I'd start decreasing the par time until I wasn't meeting it on half the runs.

This can be a real tension builder. So, be mindful to shoot relaxed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didi this drill this week livefire at 10 yards using classic targets. 2.27 was my best time with a 1.09 reload. Could do 5 in a row around 2.3 - 2.4 and for me it was smooth. Mind you I'm a C class and working on it.

Chris C.

Edited by headhunter25