Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Adjustment

kmca

I put a new dot module in my C-More Serendipity mount with a Kidd blast shield, zeroed it on Friday. Checked it on Saturday and it moved to about 6 inches low at 25 yard. Re-zeroed it. Checked it again on Sunday and it moved to about 3 inches high. Is this back and forth because of "deflecting" the plastic mount for elevation adjustments? I just wonder how long it will take to settle in.

Matt,

The module is in as tight as I think it will go. I have an Arredondo glare shield. It's a Serendipity mount so that's integral. Screws on the frame are loctited and are still tight and I can't find any cracks.

Thanks,

Keith

One thing I have seen on some C-Mores is if you make a windage or elevation adjustment and not tighten the set screws afterward, then tightening them can actually change the POI. Don't know if the set screws actually move the adjustment screws as they tighten or what. I used to shoot then adjust and not tighten the set screws until I made my last adjustment and got my POI where I wanted it. Now I make the adjustment, then tighten the set screws; tighten the set screws after every adjustment. That way when you get the POI where you want it, nothing needs to be touched afterward. It sounds like your POI was changing from one day to the next without any adjustment however, so I don't think that was your issue. To Flex's point, if the set screws weren't tight that would definitely do it. Otherwise you might just need to send the unit back to CMore.

Right...don't get them too tight. As Chris says though, don't leave them loose while adjusting, then tighten them down when you think you have it.

It's a slower process.

Since you had it apart to put the new module in...if it were me, I'd want to take it back apart and see if I missed anything.

I don't know how many times I fixed USAF planes by "re-seating" components.

Thanks for the answers. The second or third or...whatever thing I tried was re-seating the module. :)

I am suspect of the mount itself since the windage doesn't change, only the elevation.

Carefully but firmly push on the mount and see if it moves in the slightest. Also check the lens isn't loose-- that would happen some on the old ones.

Also if you shoot a ton of dirty steel loads the barrel lockup changes a little due to dirt and grime-- only zero when the gun is clean.