Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No New Assignment Or Orders Yet

glock17w

I am nearly 90 days from having to leave Korea and I still don't know my next assignment. It is kind of nerve wrecking. Just got a message that they will not know the summer requirements until end of March. That means I will not get my orders until 30 - 60 days before I have to leave this place. On top of that, there is currently no replacement Captain to take command from me. I may have to extend to wait on a replacement. No replacement and no new assignment. I am on pins and needles. It is killing me.

glock17w

Hey sir,

That seems to be the standard at EUSA. A lot of our guys at the Hump weren't getting PCS orders until 2 weeks prior to their DEROS date. Made clearing all kinds of fun.

Hope it picks up for you though.

Rich

Oh sorry. I got Offutt AFB, Nebraska I am USAF. I am happy and sad at the same time. I get the heck out of Alaska, but I really really wanted Luke AFB just outside of Phoenix.

Yeah, lets see, Nebraska vs. Phoenix, tough choice, NOT!!

...there is currently no replacement Captain to take command from me. I may have to extend to wait on a replacement.
It makes planning for the change of command inventory interesting when your replacement gets there just a few days before you rotate out, too.

Hope you get back to a good assignment and get to stay there a while before going (back) to the sandbox.

Change of command inventory will be hell as usual. I just came out of the field. We are doing inventories on all major items along with the components. Will order anything missing.

I will know the summer requirements by 19 March which means by 31 March. Hopefully I will have request for orders on beginning to mid April. Hopefully, I will have a replacement by this time.

It is frustrating but I am makking the best of it. 88 days left now. I am looking forward to my 2 day class with Manny Bragg and shooting the Georgia State Match once I return. I will also get to spend a lot of time with my family. I have two nieces and a nephew now. Guess I will be putting a lot of money in piggybanks once I return.

I am just trying to keep a good attitude even though it is hard.

glock17w

• 2 weeks later...

You could always apply for Special Forces Assessment and Selection, they'll give you some orders to Fort Bragg! :D Just kidding, I'm sure some AG Clerk is looking for your orders right now and will have them to you soon! Keep the faith, you could be sitting in the same boat in Bagdad or Khandahar!