Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bobby Knight

twix

Sitting, facing up range, fling the chair as you rise (so you can open the door 180 behind you) but hook the chair on the butt of your gun! Which one flew further, the chair or your blaster? Match DQ. Irony? I skipped one match because they haven't been sending in the classifiers to attend this one. And I shot a really decent score on a difficult classifier, and it won't get sent in either because of the match DQ. Sigh. Moral? If you have a holster lock consider using it when doing alot of movement before you draw (ie standing, turning, throwing chairs, looking like an idiot)...

Thanks NH. I can only blame myself, I was the only one of 50 that DQ'd. I am going to think about that holster idea though, I was shooting Lim and using my racy holster, but I'm wondering if I get good with a more regular holster (like a Blade- tech), how often would it really hurt me? I guess the big question mark is "if I get good with". Hmm. Hmmmm.

Mark it up to SH&* happens. There are 2 types of people in this game those that have DQed and those that will. I use the lock on the limcat for any stage that isn't a straight stand, draw and shoot deal. It takes no more time to use on the turns from chairs or starting holding crap, opening doors etc.

3QT ---- what? Two weeks after R.O. School and you've already DQ'd someone?  It's been five months so far and I haven't had to do it.  Sorry you had to do it...

Twix,

Duane Thomas once studied how much slower the Blade-Tech stuff was compared to race gear, and I think he came up with a difference of less than a tenth of a second.  The Dropped and offset holster is the sh*t, but it's not IDPA legal if that's a concern.  Good luck!

Thread drift mode on:

The Blade Tech dropped and offset is legal for production USPSA, but not IDPA.  Right?

Thanks,

Tom

(Edited by THS at 11:28 am on Oct. 7, 2002)

I've often remarked that I thought Twix shoots like a big,  ugly girl but I don't think he could fool anyone else!!!

Nik,  yea it was a bummer.  It was a no brainer thou.  Loaded gun on the ground equals no more fun!!!  I'm glad it was very clear cut though,  lucky that the first match DQ I had to levy wasn't for a questionable occurance.   That was the first time I've seen someone drop a loaded gun in a stage.  Its easily the shooters mistake,  takes the burden of proof off the RO if arbitration should be called for.  

Also luckily for Twix it was the last stage of the day.  Not a bad experience for two newbie RO's really.

P.S.  I didn't mess up any of the commands either!!!

(Edited by 3quartertime at 12:26 pm on Oct. 7, 2002)