Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tumble Loaded Ammo?

Meangun

Don't tumble rifle ammo with long stick powder. It will make the sticks shorter and can cause much higher pressures when fired.

Handgun ammo with ball or flake powder? No problems in 30 years of tumbling.

I tumble, and I tumble stick powders ??

As for manufacturers tumbling, look at a new box of Hydrashocks (with the little pin in the

middle of the HP). I have always had at least one round in the box still have a kernel stuck

in there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted on one of the major gun forums once, not sure which, about an experiment he did where he tumbled some rifle rounds for several days and then chrono'd them. No difference at all from untumbled rounds.

When I first got my 550, I tumbled my reloads. I probably did a 1,000. But after reading some of the posts here, I emailed Brian and asked his opinion. He told me it was not necessary to clean them when I use One Shot.

Since then, I've loaded and shot about 2,000 rds., without any problems.

Life is Good,

A.T.

I just figure this.... If it's dangerous to tumble ammo and then shoot it, why in God's name would anyone buy factory ammo and shoot it? How do you think the stuff gets to the store? That's right, the big vibration machine known as a "truck"... Often riding around for several days between the factory, the distributor, and the dealer.