Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Mississippi Classic - Level 3 State Championship

Got my ammo loaded and will cylinder check tomorrow night.

I don't even have ammo loaded for this weekends club match much less for the Classic and I have to load for two different guns. I'm one of those who is usually loading ammo the day before the match and case gauging that night in the hotel.

I'm the same as John. I never can seem to get ahead. :lol:

John, If you see this, how about bringing your chronograph this weekend. I need to make sure the BRT bullets are goin' fast enuf.

dj

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my ammo loaded and will cylinder check tomorrow night.

I don't even have ammo loaded for this weekends club match much less for the Classic and I have to load for two different guns. I'm one of those who is usually loading ammo the day before the match and case gauging that night in the hotel.

I'm the same as John. I never can seem to get ahead. :lol:

John, If you see this, how about bringing your chronograph this weekend. I need to make sure the BRT bullets are goin' fast enuf.

dj

will do

Yes, but when you practice on half things that will be in the match and half things that won't because you don't have any details you are wasting half of your energy.

It's better to be prepared for the specific challenges that match has than trying preparing yourself without any focus.

I was referring to practice in general.

As for particular stages in upcoming matches, I would practice some component I'm not familiar with.

I've always found the stages to be a little different than as presented on paper.

*** Copy of the e-mail sent out to competitors last night. Reposting here to make sure everyone sees it. ***

Greetings Competitors,

The 2007 Mississippi Classic is less than a week away and on behalf of the match staff it is my pleasure to bring you a few last minute details:

1. Competitor check-in will be held in the meeting room of the match hotel (Cabot Lodge) on Friday, May 18th from 8:30pm until 10:00pm. If you can not attend, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your match packet for you.

2. There will be a limited check-in at the range on Saturday morning from 6:30am until 7:00am for those unable to attend Friday night.

Walk-in competitors wishing to register for the match may do so Friday night or at the range prior to the match. Standard late entry fees apply. No competitor registrations will be accepted after 7:30am.

3. All competitors should plan to be at the range no later than 7:00am on Saturday, May 19th.

4. The 2007 Mississippi Classic consists of ten challenging stages, including one classifier stage, with a minimum round count of 250.

Stage diagrams for the 2007 Mississippi Classic have been posted to the match website (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/.

5. RO's, Vendors, and approved shoot throughs will shoot on Friday the 18th beginning at 8:00am. The range will be open to spectators but we ask that you please observe the roped off areas and that you do not interfere with the squads shooting each stage.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the match and I look forward to seeing you all next Friday night at the Cabot Lodge.

Respectfully,

John L Heiter

-2007 Match Director

I thought this would be the year I made it down, but I'm working that other match.

If I made it, I was planning on shooting lots of Alphas. So, have somebody shoot those Alphas for me (DBChaffin can have them if he needs them).

You guys have fun down there !!!

Thanks Kyle. Wish you could make it down. Looks like there's going to be quite a race for 2nd place Limited.

Any idea when Targeting Ed is next year? I usually try to schedule around Nat's and other big matches in this area but it would be nice if I could dodge you guys and the Sunflower Classic as well.

Thanks,

John

Gun gets the full cleaning job tonight, I hope it works this weekend. ;)

Weather man says perfect USPSA match weather for the weekend (hottest day is Sunday, 80 degrees).

Really gonna be fun.

See ya there.

Hopalong

It's just after 1:00 am and I'm still sitting here printing score sheet labels and tweaking squadding assignments. Supposed to be back at the range in five hours and I still have gear to pack, ammo to load, and judging by my dog's reaction, a shower to take.

Setup went really well today. First time we've ever shut down the range all day on the Wed. prior to the match but I think the extra setup day is going to be a big plus. Now we finally have time to add in some of those last minute extras like the weakhand prone through a cooper tunnel 50 yard upper A-zone standards I've been trying to get included.

Everything is coming together realy well, ahead of schedule, and the weather for the weekend is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days.

John

Well, true to form, I'm about to start loading my match ammo in a few minutes. I belong to Procrastinators local 1. Well, almost...We were planning on organizing a few years ago but didn't get around to it :lol:

John Bean, If you need to, bring your tool head over and run your ammo on my 650.

See y'all Friday.

dj

Edited by dajarrel

Well, true to form, I'm about to start loading my match ammo in a few minutes. I belong to Procrastinators local 1. Well, almost...We were planning on organizing a few years ago but didn't get around to it :lol:

John Bean, If you need to, bring your tool head over and run your ammo on my 650.

See y'all Friday.

dj

I borrowed a part from Larry. So I should be able to finish up tonight. Thanks anyway.

Edited by JRBean