Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Mile-high Showdown

OK, Since the CO State Championship is on the east side of the Rockies this year, the Eastern CO section decided to do a big match anyway. It's 8 stages and Chrono, 200 rounds. We are keeping it cheap, $75.

For all of you going to MT for the Open/L-10 Nationals the week after this, this would make a great warm-up.

I attached the a copy of the match application. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

2007_Mile_High_Showdown_Match_Application.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hotel information is up on the High Plains website.

Book early to get the best deal.

Stages are also up for your enjoyment :)

Damn, great looking stages!

Sounds like Todd has become really sensitive these days if we have to be extra nice to him at the chrono stage. :P

FM

Edited by Front Man

Sounds like Todd become real sensitive these days if we have to be extra nice to him at the chrono stage. :P

FM

He is much better now that tax season is over,

should be easier to bribe him now :D

• 2 weeks later...

From the HMFIC himself:

"Here is at least two good reasons to get your application for Mile High in now.......

First, we are extending the deadline for $75 registration through May 15, instead of May 1, Second our prize coordinator has commitments for a ton of stuff to be given away by random drawing on Sunday, including at least one gun, slides, grips, reloading supplies, gift certificates for tons of other stuff. Everyone there on Sunday will get something worthwhile."

Slots are filling up quickly, so get one while you can!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The match is full, but we are taking stand-by applications.

Jasmap, I look forward to meeting you there. I won't be shooting though, it's my home club and will be doing Asst RM duty for the match.

I really can't wait to see how the stages turn out for all the shooters. We all put our best stage designs for the match and tried to balance it out. I gotta feeling if you are using this match to polish up for nationals, you will be ready.

Suppose to be 90F on Sat, bring the sunscreen.

Shorty promised "no road kill" on Sat :blink:

Todd is looking to fund the drive to Missoula, so bring bribes.

Sean is looking for someone to blame for his upcoming PCS, so give him a wide berth.

George has stocked up on extra Skoal - he will now be able to pull an all-nighter to get scores out on the web.

Steve says that all whining must cease and desist prior to sunrise Sat. (So Friday is still fair game)

The rest of us are just looking forward to seeing you there.

The match is full, but we are taking stand-by applications.

Jasmap, I look forward to meeting you there. I won't be shooting though, it's my home club and will be doing Asst RM duty for the match.

I really can't wait to see how the stages turn out for all the shooters. We all put our best stage designs for the match and tried to balance it out. I gotta feeling if you are using this match to polish up for nationals, you will be ready.

Too bad you can't shoot. I'm sure it'll be a blast. I'm in squad 1. I'll be one of the 2 USBP guys there so you can't miss me.

This deserves a bump.

Stages look great. Wish you guys were shooting, but I even more appreciate your efforts and work to plan and run this match. I'm so looking forward to two days of fun in the sun con mis amigos! I need to practice "focusing on the present," and get back to work instead of thinking about this weekend's match. Ciao fellas.

-br

This is a superb match, running like a finely tuned watch. The stages are great and this is a terrific warm-up for Nationals. I've had some gun issues but fortunately I figured out the problem and everything is running smoothly now, glad I found out at this match and not after driving for 12 hours to Missoula.

A big thank you to all the sponsors, the organisers have done us proud !!! :cheers:

Just two stages left for my squad tomorrow... then back home (via a quick trip to the gym) and then it's off to Montana.

HOA Open: Eddie Garcia, AZ

HOA Limited: Ron Avery, CO

HOA L10: Jason Maples, AZ

If you're wondering about the other AZ guys besides me and Eddie......Mickey Darren was 1st A Open, John Mouret was 1st M Open, and Marc Matthews was 4th overall in L10.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the Production, Revo, and SS HOA's. I'm sure someone else can chime in and fill in the blanks.

It was a fun match with some good stages. I had a great time shooting it.

Edited by jasmap

Jason,

Thanks for the info. Also congradulations on your win. I am glad to hear that Eddie was HOA in open and that all of the other AZ shooters did well. Hope that all is well and good luck at Nationals!

This was the first big match for many of us that worked it. Short of the Match Director, otherwise known as 'The Big Giant Head', and the Asst RM Bob Waltzer, AKA 'Lizard', we were all rookies to the Big Match stuff. This was also the first big match for the High Plains Practical Shooters club. It went off waaaaay smooth in my opinion. BGH and Lizard really pulled us through it. We took all of their advise and it was all good. We had minor glitches here and there, but we were expecting them and compensated. Our RM absolutely worked his butt off, as did we all. The prize table was pretty impressive as well. Carol Klesser pulled out all the stops getting sponsers and prizes. 5 guns... Her art work for the stages was perfect.

Only one DQ and only two went minor at the chrono. It went so smooth that Hoofie and I even got to shoot the match.

The Production HOA was Roger sherman from CO, and I think the SS HOA was Dan Troxel (also from CO), but I could be mistaken on SS. I was pretty wore out by the time trophies started getting handed out.

The wind on Sat was the biggest problem. We had to modify the classifier and turn it into a stage because of the wind. This caused one squad to have to reshoot it this morning. It all worked out.

Lastly, we did a raffle for three five gallon buckets of mixed brass to help raise money for Lakewood PD to buy a new ballistic shield for their SWAT team. This is the same SWAT team that went into Columbine High School during the shooting, and their shields are tore up bad. Not only did we (the USPSA shooters) raise the money, we almost raised enough for two. Wallets came out and donations flowed. Ron Avery donated two shooting instruction classes and raised over $1000. $1700 more were raised through donations and raffle tickets. It was the most amazing thing I saw all weekend.