• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Plaques and Presidential Medals

OK...final got all my ducks in a row, and gave Manny a chance go for a win at the Nationals, then run the MO Fall Classic and then the Area 3 matches...only then did I send him the file to make up the plaques. Manny (no rest for that guy) took the bull by the horns and made those plaques up and sent them out in the mail. (he is quick)

I am sending the Presidential Medals out. I was hoping to time it so they arrived at the same time, but I think Manny got the jump on me. (did I mention...he is quick?)

This is the mailing/info that goes with the Presidential Medals:

Congratulations to our Presidential Medal winners from the 2007 Ohio Section Championship, a Level III match.

USPSA states that the medals are to be awarded as follows: match winner, each class winner (Master through D) and winners of the Women, Junior, Super Senior and Senior categories…in Limited and Open Divisions. …and, the match winners for Limited-10, Production and Revolver. (I got my hands on another medal and I will award it to the Single-Stack division winner.)

Here is our list of winners !!

Limited

Matt Trout (overall), Ben Hoffman (Master), Chris Keen (A-class), Shawn Hopkins (B-class), Corey Estill (C-class), Diana Hellard (D-class), Jane Ball (Lady), Austin Bradley (Junior), Gary Rubinek (Super Senior), Bud Connolly (Senior)

Open

Brad Balsley (overall), Thomas Moore (Master), Jeff Whitaker (A-class), Chad Gunder (B-class), Ryan Bradley (C-class), N/A (D-class), Sarah Irish (Lady), N/A (Super Senior), Rick Steele (Senior)

Limited-10

Steve Moneypenny (overall)

Production

Bob Vogel (overall)

Revolver

Sam Keen (overall)

Single-stack

Ed Henry (overall)

Plaques are coming from Pro-Tech, and should get to the recipients about...now. They are being awarded based on participation within your class/category, using the USPSA suggested formula of 3-5-7 (if there are 3+ competitors we award 1st place, 5+ competitors gets us to second place, and 7+ or more generates a third place plaque).

I know, it’s a confusing system that USPSA uses. Some get medals, others get plaques, and some get both. All I really know is that I am glad you all came out to shoot!

Thanks!

Kyle Farris, Ohio SC

And, this is what Pro-tech is sending out:

Got it,

using the 3-5-7 method I have the following

HOA's

All Divisions

1st Place

Limited A,B,C,M,

L-10 B,C,

Open !, B, M,

Prod. B, C,

Rev. B,

SS B, C

2nd Place

Lim A, B, C, M

L-10 B, C,

Open B,

Prod. B, C

3rd Place

Lim B, C

L-10 C

Open

B

Prod

B, C

Categories with 3 or more

Limited

Senior, SS

Open

Senior

Prod.

Senior

Watch your mailboxes for your...trigger-treats. :)

Corey, all the class winners in Open & LTD will get one. HOA only in the other 4 divisions.

Relax and enjoy your shiney! B)

Sort-of a crock when Production is a larger division at a match than Open and has the same number of GMs as Limited.

...not complaining....just seems a bit rediculous

...oh well

Sincerely,

Another guy who didn't get a medal :)

It might also be that Flex was being tricky to cut down on potential sandbagging. Without knowing which one is going to ultimately be used as the "official" classifier for the match, someone would have to 'bag both and would then lose out on a chance to place well.

What say you, MD?

Not what I did, but I do think I hve heard of that. A Texas match, maybe?

Corey, all the class winners in Open & LTD will get one. HOA only in the other 4 divisions.

Relax and enjoy your shiney! B)

Sort-of a crock when Production is a larger division at a match than Open and has the same number of GMs as Limited.

...not complaining....just seems a bit rediculous

...oh well

Sincerely,

Another guy who didn't get a medal :)

Yup. I agree. :(

Why doesn't production/Limited 10/Revo get medals? I know single stack is provisional but will it get medals next year? It is a crock I think and should be changed. If the class winner gets a plaque the class winner should get a medal.

I got my plaque today though! 3 majors, 3 plaques: 3rd C, 1st C, 2nd B (at an area match).

Now to join the other end at A and up....