Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Shooting In The Rain...

rwmagnus

I did a search on shooting in the rain and protecting a C-More from rain w/o any luck so I thought I'd ask. Being new to Open division I haven't been caught in the rain yet but what can be done to keep the electronics working? I read about another shooters C-More that malfunctioned as a result of getting wet. I'm mostly interested in what can be done when shooting the stage when it's raining. Maybe there is some waterproofing or other ideas I haven't thought of.

Beyond, not shooting in the rain, I just make sure it's dry as can be on the LAMR command (to the degree of covering it back up and just before nodding that I'm ready I'll remove the cover).

Just shoot a little faster and a little more deliverately and drive on. Other than that, I suppose you could fasion some kind of "hood" from tape. You've got some laying around after all.

Rich

Don't become to preoccupied with keeping it dry than focusing on the stage (like turning the dot ON, personal learing lesson). AFTER THE FIRST SHOT its all GOOD!! The blast is better than any windshield wiper! :D

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Get a gun cover.. you think rain is bad wait till your at barry and it gets covered by dust.... then a sprinkle.. and you get mud.. I will even be covering my production gun some places to keep the gryme out of it.. some places dust will just totally clog your gun and mags instantly. even without water dust can scratch the lense on your c-more i reccomend always covering your blaster.

good luck!

Barry, IL dust ain't S**T. Visit Reno, NV some time. That said there were NO shower caps in the Reno metro area during the 1998 Area 1. Dry, dusty and just enough wind to get that talcum powder sand into EVERYTHING!

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Barry, IL dust ain't S**T. Visit Reno, NV some time. That said there were NO shower caps in the Reno metro area during the 1998 Area 1. Dry, dusty and just enough wind to get that talcum powder sand into EVERYTHING!

Rich

You should have been there for the 95 open nats. It looked like Pig-Pen walking around. Millberger conned the maid for every extra shower cap she had to take to the range. He said that he wanted to keep his beautiful hair dry in the shower (his head was clean shaven.)

I use Rain-X. Any drops that accumulate after uncovering and before the beep are gone on the first shot.

Kenny