Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Get An Edge!

unwanted1

gunbroker.com item number 65317994 and 65317596 look to be ideal for those trying to get in the S_i game for under $1300 bucks each... one's hardchromed w some tricks.. low round count.. check em out! :) theirs a lot of really good deals on em. just type STI in the search window. or the item number. love to see someone get a great deal.. Id buy em but I have enough of em... :P

This one although may be a good gun for the money is not an Edge. I would find out who built it before I bought it. Also it says it has a tungsten recoilmaster, no such thing. Maybe a tungsten sprinco or guide rod

The other one is not an Edge either. Its an STI slide & frame but not a factory Edge. Again find out who built them first. Otherwise if you like the set up it may be a good deal.

I am not sure how much the seller knows his guns. The magwell is a Dawson Ice.

This one although may be a good gun for the money is not an Edge. I would find out who built it before I bought it. Also it says it has a tungsten recoilmaster, no such thing. Maybe a tungsten sprinco or guide rod

The other one is not an Edge either. Its an STI slide & frame but not a factory Edge. Again find out who built them first. Otherwise if you like the set up it may be a good deal.

I am not sure how much the seller knows his guns. The magwell is a Dawson Ice.

+1....that they are not Factory edge...and not questioning anyones character

Edited by ogiebb

I don't know unwanted1 or how knowledgeable he is with firearms..but... at minimum... Brian has enough going for him to put his name in his profile. :o Goes a long ways with me in the earning trust department. ;)

I hope thats a compliment.. their not my guns and I dont know the owner of the guns. it just looked like a goood deal for those looking for a widebody limited gun @ a decent price.

spam? I think not. just trying to help some people I read about trying to get into the the limited game at a reasonable price. ;)

As quoted from seller:

STI Edge in 40 S&W with all the extras one could imagine to for IPSC or just fun shooting. This pistol has the following: - Hard chrome - High speed hammer - Grip safety pinned - can be undone easily - SV Modular trigger - adjust length of pull - Swensen ambi safeties - Nowlin competition barrel - Aftec extractor - Trigger job at 2.5 pounds - Fiber optic front sight - Warren competition rear sight - Special mag well - Recoil Master - two high cap mags This gun is tight as the day it was new. With these extras the price new would be approaching $3,000. Too old to run and gun any more. Must sell.

this is for one of the 2. maybe the guy is old, thats why he said sprinco. As far as me knowing guns.. well I learned about them here and the range. I'm certainly no smith.

Edited by unwanted1

Unwanted, I wasnt trying to imply anything towards you. I was merely pointing out that the descriptions were errant. I also said if you could determine who built them then they may be a good deal. Problem is you have allot of people trying to build their own guns and dont do it right then try to sell them for what a professionally built gun would bring or as a professionally built gun. If its built wrong you could be in for a world of disappointment. All I suggest is verifying the builder.

I emailed the gentelman and here is the exchange

me

Sir,

I would like more information on both your pistols. They appear to not be factory "edge" pistols. Is that right? If not factory, who "made"

them?

How old are they, and approximatly how many rounds though each of them?

What size/capacity mags come with them; ie 140mm 19 round? What type of barrel is in the all hard chrome one?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Seller

The mags are STI 140 mm and one for each pistol has a Dawson base pad.

Depending on the springs you will get 18 or 19 rounds in the mags and one in the chamber. The hardchrome started out as a factory gun with a number of additions. The other started out as a short block with a Caspian slide. I have a number of STI pistols that have been worked on mostly by Roger Sigman in Tampa at SPA Shooters Depot. He has done work for Rob Letham and Todd Jarrett. He is also a major STI distributor. I putz around with my pistols also. Mostly cosmetics. The trigger work is Roger's. The barrel in the Hard Chrome gun is a Nowlin that is fairly new. The best estimate on round count for each gun is in the 30,000 +/- range.

me

I meant what barrel is in the caspian slide one.

Thanks

Seller

I am currently in Ohio and the guns are in Florida. I will not be back in Florida until a day after the auction is over. I can not recall with certainty, but I believe that this gun still has the original barrel. Still shoots tight groups and locks up well. Sorry that I can not answer with more certainty.

Edited by North

I emailed the gentelman and here is the exchange

me

Sir,

I would like more information on both your pistols. They appear to not be factory "edge" pistols. Is that right? If not factory, who "made"

them?

How old are they, and approximatly how many rounds though each of them?

What size/capacity mags come with them; ie 140mm 19 round? What type of barrel is in the all hard chrome one?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Seller

The mags are STI 140 mm and one for each pistol has a Dawson base pad.

Depending on the springs you will get 18 or 19 rounds in the mags and one in the chamber. The hardchrome started out as a factory gun with a number of additions. The other started out as a short block with a Caspian slide. I have a number of STI pistols that have been worked on mostly by Roger Sigman in Tampa at SPA Shooters Depot. He has done work for Rob Letham and Todd Jarrett. He is also a major STI distributor. I putz around with my pistols also. Mostly cosmetics. The trigger work is Roger's. The barrel in the Hard Chrome gun is a Nowlin that is fairly new. The best estimate on round count for each gun is in the 30,000 +/- range.

me

I meant what barrel is in the caspian slide one.

Thanks

Seller

I am currently in Ohio and the guns are in Florida. I will not be back in Florida until a day after the auction is over. I can not recall with certainty, but I believe that this gun still has the original barrel. Still shoots tight groups and locks up well. Sorry that I can not answer with more certainty.

Is anybody else wondering how long it's been since TGO had someone work on a gun for him that wasn't at Springfield....and if I recall correctly he does most of his own work.

Unwanted, I wasnt trying to imply anything towards you. I was merely pointing out that the descriptions were errant. I also said if you could determine who built them then they may be a good deal. Problem is you have allot of people trying to build their own guns and dont do it right then try to sell them for what a professionally built gun would bring or as a professionally built gun. If its built wrong you could be in for a world of disappointment. All I suggest is verifying the builder.

I'm not taking anything personal. just trying to help the fellow shooters here trying to get a decent gun for a nice price. my first edge when said & done cost me upwards of 3k built by Don Kehoe, so I know what people go through to get a decent match gun. I would bid on it myself, but I spent entirely too much money this week. good bidding to all! :)

Those guns were listed as coming from Columbus, OH. I didn't recognize them. But, the email (posted above) about being between FL and OH clued me in.

The seller is a good guy. Professor at Ohio State. I can vouch for him (but, not the guns, as I haven't seen them).

He just told me the chrom'ed gun is sold. The Caspian framed gun, he thought, was a tighter/better gun.

I don't know unwanted1 or how knowledgeable he is with firearms..but... at minimum... Brian has enough going for him to put his name in his profile. :o Goes a long ways with me in the earning trust department. ;)

Okay, withdrawn. I just get suspicious when I see a first or second post pointing to a classified ad or auction.