Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Ts Disaasembly/customizing

Kevin J

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me. I've got access to a lathe and a milling machine, and I'm not afraid to use it! Seriously, I've cut up some others before (Glock 24 and 20), so this shouldn't be a problem.

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky....... Just you wait till I order my mini mill. You think I'm changing things now!!!

im now the CZ Benedict Arnold...i just ordered a sight tracker type STI from Derek of Millenium Custom and am probably going to dispose of my CS IPSC once the gun comes out...i was going to keep the CZ but my fiance had me to a "3 only pistols that i can own for now" kinda deal ...well at least until after the Wedding....... :(

Hmmmmm... You might want to consider this before you put the ring on the finger for real.

Me? I preplanned. My wife loves guns. Now. Before she was ambivalent about them. I got her involved and now a days she is urging me on into new purchases. In fact, she was kinda hacked off that I sold 4 guns last week, part of which went into my new Benny Hill blaster.

Hmmmmm... You might want to consider this before you put the ring on the finger for real.

Me? I preplanned. My wife loves guns. Now. Before she was ambivalent about them. I got her involved and now a days she is urging me on into new purchases. In fact, she was kinda hacked off that I sold 4 guns last week, part of which went into my new Benny Hill blaster.

oh no shes a keeper...when i got Divorced and stopped shooting for 2 years she was the person who bought me the CZ and my gear and told me its time for me to start shooting again ...even though i really wasnt in the mood to start shooting again and only wanted to focus on my career...after a few weeks i asked her to marry me :D .....im only limited to 3 guns because of the New york City law and we probably need $17 K for the small and humble wedding in Niagara Falls

Edited by ogiebb

All right, that's a little different. Limited to 3 guns, move to Texas. I put on some great matches, you'd fit right in. And $17K for a wedding? Balderdash! I got hitched late last September, whole thing (rings, dress, tux's, hall rental, official, liscence, catering, ect.) set me back about $4k, maybe less. And everything was HER idea.

BTW: she now shoots in open class at my matches.

All right, that's a little different. Limited to 3 guns, move to Texas. I put on some great matches, you'd fit right in. And $17K for a wedding? Balderdash! I got hitched late last September, whole thing (rings, dress, tux's, hall rental, official, liscence, catering, ect.) set me back about $4k, maybe less. And everything was HER idea.

BTW: she now shoots in open class at my matches.

yep Texas or Arizona is my long term plan...yep $17 k because its going to involve flying in my Parents from the Philippines and her parents from Australia...plus a whole lot of stuff...but hey enough about weddings and states.......lets get some pictures of modified CZ TS...!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ogiebb

yep Texas or Artizona is my long term plan...yep $17 k because its going to involve flying in my Parents from the Philippines and her parents from Australia...plus a whole lot of stuff...but hey enough about weddings and states.......lets get some pictures of modified CZ TS...!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

OK, update on the modified/milled CZ Standard IPSC.

Basically, I screwed up. But I waited until right at the end of the process to do it, so maybe I get partial credit? Here's the gory details. First off, I removed 1.525" of the dustcover, leaving an angled cut the same degree as the grip. Good so far. Then I opened up the top of the slide with a 0.500" mill 2.100" long starting about 0.220" behind the front sight. Still doing fine at this point. Then I decide to mill out some of the guide rod tunnel. Started 0.325" from the end (listen close, 'cause this is where I began my downfall) and made a cut 1.170" long and about 0.500" deep. Looks great! Unfortunately I was milling faster than I was thinking because the spring butts up against a stop in the guide rod tunnel about 0.540" from the end of the gun. Remember where I started? AND, I forgot this gun isn't a captured guide rod type. So, if you try to put it together, the recoil spring wants to come out of this beautiful new cut I made in the bottom of the slide.

Fortunatley, all is not lost and I will not be ordering a new slide on Monday. Three of us got together at the shop and we've figured out a way to install a cup/recoil plug into the guide rod tunnel. It may involve a bit more milling from the inside so it may be pressed in, but I think everything will work out in the end. But it is a lot lighter and swings/stops faster!

Yes, I know, I take crappy pictures. Sue me. But you get the idea.

post-7974-1171837363.jpg

post-7974-1171837637.jpg

Edited by ken hebert

Wow Ken!! You really did some mods! Looks good!

I hope the spring cup idea works out. I think it should be fine. Just out of curiosity, what type of end mill did you use to do the cuts?

I just finished with the duracoat on my frame, so I'll be posting some pics soon.

Thanks guys. Next up will be to remove that b.s. factory checkering.

I was thinking a while ago (dangerous!)... I'm gonna turn me down a full length stainless guide rod for it. Then go ahead with cutting/back boring an indentation into whats left of the end of the guide rod tunnel, keeping the same diameter, for the recoil spring to seat against.

Any post regarding the best pound for pound competition guns (aka CZ's) is a good post. Just had Matt build me an SP-01 with every bell and whistle for Pd. He and/or Angus have tweaked, tuned and perfected My two primary PD guns - 2 85 Combats, Matt also just built me a stainless CZ 75 again with EVERY upgrade (btw, the stainless only, has the oval mag button that only the SP-01 has), Lastly, I just rec'd my last major project back from Matt and in his own admission it may be the best CZ trigger he has done - the gun: Get ready for this: the new CZ 75 Compact .40 set to shoot minor with again everything from 85 trigger w/overtravel stop, comp hammer, throated, 14lb mainspring, this may be my .40 minor Pd version of the Bedell Shorty - the Minkell Shorty. Some odd photos attached, but pending are Stainless Mink 75 and the Minkell Shorty (aka Minor Only CZ 75 Comp .40) or this short .40 may become an IDPA deicated monster.

TY

JKUSHHNER11

post-4151-1171852745.jpg

post-4151-1171852824.jpg

post-4151-1171852965.jpg

post-4151-1171853041.jpg

looking forward to seeing your new stainless 75 and your new .40 compact project..

always looking for an excuse to jump on the CZ bandwagon... :D:D

my SP01 has been phenomenal..and would recommend it to anyone...or a 75B or a 85C or a TS..