Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brad,

Limited 10 eh?

I'll be shooting L-10 also, but the staff only shoots 6 of the 12 stages, so we're not competing with the rest of the shooters.

I'll be looking for you two though (at the top of your classes)!

Al

Yeah, I love them reloads!

I'll be coming down with another C class L10'r and a B Class L10 as well.  My C class buddy and I are racing to B .. I plan on destroying him =)

BradC

A46143

Myself and Shepard Bruner will be making the trip from Tallahassee. Felt a lot better when we typed in the wrong town in mapquest.com and thought it was only going to be a 4 hour drive.  Anyone know why they are having us shoot over three days? See ya there...

Since I'll be stuck on a stage when you all are shooting, and quite possibly addled by the sun when ya'll come through, be sure and say hello, slap me in the back of the head, or whatever when you come through.

Maybe a lunch or dinner, or at least meeting at the hospitality room could be organized?

Al

Said I would make it and now things have changed.

Work is going to prevent me from making it to Area 4. That pretty much leaves me with the AR State IDPA match.

Anyone going to be there?

JB

Yes,

If you can get your match application letter post marked for today you will save $25...

I just dropped mine off at the post office after calling the match director to check for slots. He said they had a lot of free slots right now but that can change really fast sometimes...

Cheers,

Eric

Fasterthanlight,

I got my slot months ago. Kim called me from uspsa and said I'd earned one. I have no idea how she came to that conclusion but I didn't ask and didn't argue. I just snatched the opportunity, so I didn't make any squadlist preparations. I was afraid she'd realize she'd made a mistake and take the slot back *grin*

I'm going to Area 4, and have reserved a room at the back up match hotel, $45 a night.... anyone looking to split a room ?  :)   My shootiing buddy fell through due to work commitiments.

Or need a ride from the Dallas area to Shreveport?

shaunf@prodigy.net

Fasterthanlight,

I just got a subpoena for the 7th. I am pretty confident the prosecutor will continue the case for me and it won't interfere with the match but just letting you know so you can make a back-up plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI, there are still some slots left.. I sent my app in today since I'm suddenly free that weekend.  Hopefully there's still a hotel room in Shreveport somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I"m looking forward to Area 4 this weekend, my first "big" match since I got religous about BE's book.... nervous, but high hopes.

Hope to see some of you guys there! (Shooter's Hospitality at the match hotel?) :)

Shaun

Yeah Al, it was good match. I won 2nd C open, lost by 1% ( I shot minor at the chrono!, droppped me several match %).

I'm still pretty satisfied with "keeping it together" and shooting lots of A's, even so..... I learned alot.

I'm going to the Texas Open, and Texas Limited, maybe a couple more, maybe I'll get a chance to meet some of you guys later. I'll be a B class open, A limited by then, hopefully, when my last classifers go through this month.

Just curious, how did everybody like Stage 9, the double Texas Star stage?

2 Paper targets and 10 peices of moving steel, behind 2 doors.... wow.

My time was 14 seconds or so, had to many misses on the Stars, shoulda been 11 or 12 seconds. Fun stage though.